RF-5's (black) - $350 - Madison WI

Arrow#422

I forgot which forum member gave us this tip, but I like it...

He said if the speakers are priced for each, then go hassle him to sell you ONE of them for $350. Two weeks later, when he can't unload the other one, offer him $100 for it.

• Like 2

Admittedly the horn is smaller, but the RF-5's are roughly an RC-7 on end.  Without damage, a 7 series center will regularly fetch - without question - $250-$400 depending upon the finish.  That'd put a pair of RF-5's @ $500 minimum - upwards toward $800.  

Would I pay $800 for a pair of RF-5's - NOPE.  

Would I pay $700 for the pair in this post - NOPE.  I posted these because I "thought" they were $350 for the PAIR, which was decent even in black.

I don't necessarily like black, but I also understand that it works better for some applications.

Now granted, dual 8" towers have been had for very little but that would be an exception to find them at $200-$300 representing a definite buyer advantage on those transactions.   RF-82's are the "not so significantly" updated 5's with near identical specs, & vinyl wrapped cabinets.  Black is black, but I'd still want the veneer construction, and some other flavor - such as cherry.   

Pricing and value analysis is both personal & subjective.  Thus, yours may differ considerably from that above.