Klipsch RSW-15 Setup Issues

RoboKlipsch

The new hotness is soft limiters.  Basically instead of shutting down it limits everything in such a way that it just sounds like slight distortion at the worst.  My SpeakerPower is real good about this.  Of course that's really only because Mark Seaton programmed it specifically for ultimax's.  They don't do that by default.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Turning the gain up in the avr is better than turning the gain up and down on the sub.  You don't mess up  autocalibration.  The system stays in balance.  Small change is the gain can result in phase problems, standing wave, ect.  If you really need to crank the gain, time for another sub.  I don't like touching the sub trim or gain on the subs.  Most auto EQ's with set things up where distortion is not a problem and the sub is not being over pushed.

Edited by derrickdj1

Still interested to hear how modifying this sub from a designed passive radiator to a 10"×4" port is better? Not saying that it isn't and I applaud your willingness to experiment.....owners of aging RSW-15's that have a damaged PR might want to go this route.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk