Lascala Problem

NOSValves

Well picked up my Lascalas from Danocaster and I first took the bottom access panel off of them before taking them in the house for a listen. I found that someone switched out the stock woofers and worse than that they aren't even a match. One is a JBL maybe not so bad but I don't have a clue its model E130-8 the other one is a Lanzar Sound LC15S 300Watt. So what do I need to do here anyone know ?? Oh and its looks like the Mid and tweeter are original thank god.

Also would like to add that there is know way that Dan knew this the screws on both of the units hasn't been removed in years so no hard feeling from me. Besides for what I paid I'm not going to hurt if I have to find some woofers somewhere.

Craig

------------------

Nos.gif

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

JVC JL-F50 Turn Table

Sony CDP-CA7ES CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I W/Layne Audio Woofers

KSW-15 Subs>c>

Craig, I missed that Scott 299, was out of the house and got back about 10 mins after the close. It went for 202.50 to a last minute bidder. The previous high bid was 200 even, 202.50 is the next increment so I figured the winner had a higher max bid in, no way of knowing how much higher. I'll keep looking around.

Tom

Hey Craig,

Man, I sorry those werent original !!

When I bought 'em, the guy said they were original so ,just to check, I took the handles off and the TOP HALF were original so I "***-umed" the woofers were also. MY BAD..Glad you are cool w/ me about it- I didnt know. Had a fun time w/ you and your family last nite. Lemme know how the LaScalas work out. (And get workin' on that Scott ,will ya !!)cwm35.gif

This message has been edited by DANOCASTER on 08-31-2002 at 11:10 AM

There is a single K-33E on ebay now at $26.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1375601205

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1978 Klipschorns (mains), SF'2's (center), 1979 La Scalas (rear surrounds), RC-3 Rear Center, KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Bedroom:

Yamaha RX-V590, SF-1's Mainsc>s>

DANOCASTER,

Like I said there was absolutely no way you could of knew you would of had to have the speakers for years those screws were painted over with like 3 different colors of paint. I find that the one with the cheapo Car subwoofer installed doesn't have near the output or the quality or presense. But even with the goofy woofers they sound nice Smile.gif . Through your work you wouldn't happen to have a supplier for JBL speakers ?? Its a E130-8 .

Craig

I personally think you should check out Layne Audio. They have a tight relationship with Madisound -- and really seem to know their stuff.

Use this link and then scroll down to Klipsch.

This message has been edited by deang on 08-31-2002 at 12:58 PM

deang,

Already checked them out and I bought my heresy woofers from them. Very helpfull people. The thing I wonder about is how good/bad the JBL that's in there would be with a match it sure sounds great compared to the POS Car subwoofer but that most likely not saying much.

Craig

Well I'm up from a short nap and started spinning some Vinyl. Started with Steely Dans Greatest Hits. I'll tell you something for having 2 funky Subwoofer in there these things are amazing been playing with tow in and placement. I find these speakers to really sound like a live concert where the band is hitting on all cylinders It sound so live but you can tell it isn't because every note is perfect every vocal is right on. We all know that never happens live . Well I'm going back down to spin some more.

I need everyones opinion on the Subwoofer choices. I have 3 choices

1) Buy a 2nd JBL E130-8 for $140 to $150 sell the POS other one

2) Buy 2 Klipsch K-33E for $200 shipped and sell both the others.

3) Buy 2 Layne Audio upgrade woofers for $290 plus shipping and sell both the others

decisions decisions I hate this !!!! Please help me decide !!

Craig