Tangent 500 - $260 Xenia OH

Woofers and Tweeters

Had the t-500. Sold it for  $200 to a forum member in Orlando with grilles in need of recloth.. According to the specs, the T-5000 just a tad more efficient.

Maybe 98db for the 5000. Cannot recall exact numbers. Basically same cabinet.

Some try to make more than others. Condition and location plays into the pricing. May be off a db or two about efficiency as going from memory. The T-500's I sold were in a decent 8/10 condition cabinetwise

The cabinets are not as stout as a forte. A tad thinner build.The T-400s and T-4000 are dual front ported and have been likened by some here as

a Heresy on steroids. The T-500 and T-5000 both having a frontal PR have a bit different sound signature. At one time, I likened

them to a forte. Now I would say more like a Heresy. Same parts as Heresy 1 & 2, or close on all four models.

Have only had a T-3000 and a T-500 pair awhile back just out of convenience to me and price. After reading the varied accounts given here by others about the Tangent series in general, wanted to hear for myself. Conclusion was and still is that although the Tangent by Klipsch is not a desirable product by a great many, the speaker line I have heard are quite some better than what was the typical offerings by others in the same or near product line of speakers. These were a purpose built speaker line with pricing and size in the mix as, the line was offered by military PX or related outlets. Both pair I acquired had original owners from the military.

If I were to be able to have the occasion, I would consider the T-4000, T-400,T-5000 and T-500 respectively. Just my limited experience with Tangent, fwiw... :)

If you do a forum search, you will see the Tangent has been discussed in some detail, long before I arrived here with my Chorus

I acquired in 2001.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

Exactly. That could be that is what I like about the Chorus. Some may find the PR in the front as forward leaning, in the face sound. whatever that may mean to another listening. Tangent probably a good name.

The ported T-400 may dig a bit deeper as may recall specs. A good buy what you can try and resale for your money in case, of course.

Edited by billybob

I can only compare what I have owned or heard to the T5000 that my dad owns. I have not had a chance to listen to the t 500. He is using a Realistic Lab 400 tt with a Audio Technica 95e and a Pioneer sx750. As billybob stated the build quality is not up to the standard of the forte or the Hersey. I would compare the sound to the Heresy 2 in a larger cabinet which IMHO is good.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

• Like 1