Finally had an audience to play ma system for.

m00n

Had a couple of friends over. Need I say they were very impressed? It's nice to hear someone tell you that you have the best system they have ever heard!

Thank you klipschcwm11.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)

VIDEO: InFocus ScreenPlay DLP Projector

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Isn't that the best? Validates all the thought and resources you put into it. I had a similar experience with my in-laws coming over and being amazed (and my system is much more basic than yours).

OT a little bit

My wife and I have a 3 yo boy, so going out to a movie involves a sitter and is way more complicated than it should be. Well, it's been a while so we recently decided to go out. $20 for the sitter, more for a pizza and off we went to a nice theater with stadium seating (the theater is about 4 years old). $14 for tickets and another $10 for snacks. Very comfortable seats. The WORST sound quality I could have imagined for a modern theater! It was awful. We both agreed that our living room far surpased the theater, BY FAR. Hell of a lot cheaper too.

That is great isn't it? About a month ago, I had something like 8 people over to watch LotR. All of them said they liked it better there than they did at the actual movie theater. Some indicated they would like to do that again sometime in the future. I may have to think of something around the holidays, perhaps to coincide with the release of the next LotR movie.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Our Klipsch-based HT has totally ruined our theater-going experiences. We are so spoiled.

When in Denver a few weeks ago, my wife and I caught a flick at the local mega-plex. Stadium seating (nice and comfy), overpriced snacks, etc...

The movie starts unspooling, all is great, until I detect a consistent clicking and whirring noise emanating from somewhere in the auditorium. During the quiet passages, I couldn't even focus on the movie 'cause I was so distracted by the noise. The house is packed, and we're in the center of the row. I commented to my seat neighbor (not my wife) about it, and asked if it was disturbing him, as I was about to trample everyone's shoes and go tell the management about it.

He advised me that the noise was coming from another patron's oxygen tank system. Well, what are you gonna do? I resumed viewing, as best I could, and pined for my HT where I can eliminate noises without offense!

DD

------------------

My System

quote:

Originally posted by dougdrake:

He advised me that the noise was coming from another patron's oxygen tank system. Well, what are you gonna do?

DD

Ya, what can you do. Mostly I get irritated over children making lots of noise. I understand that children are hard to keep quite as I have two of my own. But still it's annoying.

I can't wait until "Star Wars Attack of the Clones" comes out on DVD. I have a feeling that is going to have some excellent sound affects.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

I know it rocks when ppl say that. My problem is trying to get two of my friends of three who love bose to learn otherwise. Tought crowd. Then I have a B&W family and a Yamaha/Mirage family who both have nice systems.

However, so far NO one has said that they have heard better headphones than my HD600's Smile.gif breaking them in right now with some Norah Jones.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

Same for me:

I have someone over (or my parents have someone over, and at my dad's requestSmile.gif I give a system demo. Needless to say, when the first bass note hits and the house shakes, smiles are everywhere. I LOVE it. It makes my happ-e!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

My family, inlaws and freinds could care less

1 those are big

2 turn that down

3 turn it off

4 who would want to watch a movie with all that

5 i like to be able to talk, when watching a movie

6 you could put 2 couches there, we have no where to sit

7 MY final reply to my company EHH- UP YOURS!

Regards Jim

This message has been edited by Jim Cornell on 09-05-2002 at 04:27 PM

So, the Bose crowd...

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

You know, when I see a preview of a movie that looks like something I want to see, I'll often think "I'll wait for the DVD then rent it." There are very few movies that I just absolutly gotta see that I cannot wait for the DVD, such as LotR and/or Star Wars. I'll probably also go see the next Star Trek movie at the movies. Just about everything else - I'll wait for the DVD then rent it.

It is nice - no oxygen tanks, no people talking, no kids running around, no people getting up in the middle of the movie to go to the bathroom, get popcorn, get a drink, etc., no coughing, and such, and on and on and on.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

skonopa

AND! You forgot a couple of things....

With your OWN home theater, you CAN..

Watch movies in yer skivies.

Drink beer.

Diddle your wife/girlfriend.

Fart and not feel bad about it.

Pause the movie when you need to pee.

Turn the volume up and down to suit your needs

Hmmm. i am sure there are others, but that will do for now. Feel free to add to the list. cwm12.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Hey gang, privacy is a great environment... but how about the best of all. With Klipsch and other HT technology leaders, you can build a home system that flat outperforms the best sound that is likely to reach your ears in any commercial theater.

Anytime you have Reference Level Bass for commercial theaters (not many commercial theaters come up to that Dolby standard) and a big progressive scan High Defininition picture that covers your primary visual area... with your choice of Klipsch monopoles covering five, six or seven positions around your chair... it is the theaters that are hard pressed to keep up.

cwm39.gifcwm17.gif and Klipsch... how sweet it is! -HornED

------------------

Pic6.jpg

Dang strait!

Especially with Harry Potter. I heard at the leangh, (what, 2+ hours) all the kids bladders ran out of room about 3/4 the way through and it was lots of parents and kids bailing at the end.

As for the rest, YES!!!

I think the control is the best. Even with sub-par equiptment, it is more enjoyable. However, you need a room you can black out.

Also, you can rewind/go back if you want to see a part again! Great for those really complex movies where dialoge matters!

Home theater is so much fun, heck, a 27" TV and some speakers are fine (our HT...)

------------------

My home theater will not be comeplete until I have a real movie style popcorn popper and supplies...cwm39.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

m00n said:

My home theater will not be comeplete until I have a real movie style popcorn popper and supplies...

Damn, and I could have bought one used in perfect working condition for around $100 at a local thrift shop! Problem is that I had no place to put it. Oh well, I guess I'll still be nuking my popcorn.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Yeah, who doesn't like 2 cups of mealted palm oil!!! Good stuff, leathal to your heart, but who cars, all the bass will break up any blockage in your arteries!!!

------------------