Hurricane Hermine

prerich

6 minutes ago, 2point1 said:

A few branches down here that was about it. Still have some wind and the air is nice and fresh.

Are you down around Gainesville, or closer?

Glad you are alright. May need to go help friend down in Wakulla county with tree on his well pump....:)

Thanks prerich for checking on us all. Wakulla county is 98% without power. Lots of pines. Friend is having to drive to PC to buy a generator for his freezer, etc.   Tallahassee has street lights not working and stores without power. I was helping friend look for generator to rent or buy. No go!

Thanks!!!:) We live in Gadsden, about 30% out of power.

Expecting 4 or 5 truckloads tomorrow that are almost presold in Teatown...

• Like 2

In this area a few winters back, there was a lot of freezing rain that broke a massive amount of trees causing major power outages. That caused the power companies to launch a campaign of cutting trees away from power lines. I can only imagine they might do something there to prevent future power outages.

Image result for freezing rain power outage lexington ky

• Like 2

Duke energy is in that Wakulla County area I hear. They have a lot of little pines there. Friend there looses power even in fair weather. It would be interesting to hear the next commissioner meeting there. Thinking you are still carrying a chainsaw with you.B)

• Like 1

Similar, there was a shortage of generators and people trashed a lot of food. I didn't throw anything away. I used a couple of storage containers and put everything that was in the fridge outside where it would stay cold and cooked on the grill and gas burner. 

Unfortunately, the weather isn't going to let you all store the food. Fire up the grill and have a party. 

• Like 1

That is the one thing I envy about the weather. Cool enough to freeze food. Nancy is going over to Wakulla now to sisters. They are the one's without power but, now they have a generator for their fridge/freezer and A/C.

They are going to Gainesville to a Gator game today. FSU is my local team. Letting everyone around unstress a bit, while I have a cold one, put new crossovers in Chorus and chill to our A/C, while the cats frolic. Have a good Labor Day, which I treat as a Holiday.

Cheers friend...:)

• Like 2

Glad to here all is "OK"

Looks like Hermine will just be giving us some clouds here in central Md.... 

Yea weather is quick to let ya know just how small we are..... a few weeks back we had some major rains storms blow through Md... Like several inches in a couple hours... A small town "Ellicott City" had a 100 cars washed away a two people killed... bad stuff

Take care all...

MKP :-)

• Like 2