can i use a 110 watt pioneer to power my klfs 20 and kg2.2

likesitloud

Hi, I found a pair of klf 20 s and a pair of kg2.2 along with a c-7 and a academy center at thrift store last October. I only paid 

$30.00 for everything. I bought a pioneer vsx-515 on Craig's list to power everything. The receiver is rated at 110 watts per channel at 6 channels,

do I have enough power for everything.

Great find on the speakers.

About the Pioneer AVR.  Proceed at your own risk with all channels with higher volume in a large room.  In stereo I think the Pioneer will be just fine but once you add the other speakers, don't expect great dynamics unless your room is on the smaller side and you keep the volume knob at a conservative level.  I am not implying things will go awry but just be cautious.

Bill

If the AVR turns off or shuts down, well you know you have pushed it too hard.  It should reset and you will either have to turn it down or only run one pair of speakers at a time. The overload should protect it though you shouldn't hit that many times otherwise it may be detrimental.