r-28f or r-26f

audio2

hello, i would like to buy one of the two sets listed above, does anyone ever had or listened them ? i prefer midrange clarity and voices, which should address me to the 26, but if someone can say that with the 28 midrange is the same but with better bass i'd switch for the biggest. many thanks.

Personally, I think 6.5" drivers handle midrange better than 8" drivers, at least as a general rule.  Bass extension usually is not extensive with 8 over 6.5.  As far as the speakers mentioned, I have no experience but from what I have read, often, if you can move up to the RP line you would be better served in all aspects, except $$$.

Bill

bass extension (frequency response) is not going to be any different for a 6.5" or an 8" woofer but impact weight and authority will be very much better with the 8" woofers they simply push so much more air than the 6.5" woofers do. Plus they will couple to the air in the room better. With engines and speakers piston area is important.

thanks, in fact i thought about the rp series, but they have a rear port instead of a front one, another problem in fact is that i cannot put them very far away from the rear wall, max allowed distance will be about 30 cm or less,  therefore the 6.5 woofer should give me also less troubles, i hope.

12 hours ago, audio2 said:

max allowed distance will be about 30 cm or less

Is this a bad time to mention that some of us are rocking pairs of 8" drivers with rear ports less than 6" from the wall?  I haven't had any complaints about that configuration either.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, willland said:

Personally, I think 6.5" drivers handle midrange better than 8" drivers, at least as a general rule.  -Bill

Plus 1, I am with you.

I like MTM 6.5" especially in a center.  I have also had great experience with a 2-way with a 15" woofer.  It's great for midrange, especially vocals or the spoken voice, male and female.

with the loudspeakers toed in you can get very close to the wall (which will enhance bass output) and not have reflection problems.  6.5" or 8" makes no difference both are tuned to similar frequencies. You never want a port to be firing straight at a wall unless you have about 1.5 times of the vent length between the outer edge vent and the wall. I am not a fan of co planar speaker positioning (especially with horns) preferring the use of an equilateral triangle set up you want to be on axis with the loudspeaker when listening for the best response.

7 minutes ago, moray james said:

with the loudspeakers toed in you can get very close to the wall (which will enhance bass output) and not have reflection problems.

Probably why I've never had any problems.  In this room, I've always had a toed configuration.  The old house however...I didn't know any better...

11 hours ago, mattSER said:

I'd save a little money and get the R-26f.

Better yet, save even more money and look for used F-30(or F-3) or KG 5.5. They're all front ported.

What's your location? We could check your local craigslist.

aha uhhmm, i am of italian nationality, i mean currently living in italy, north east side near venice. here about is difficult even to find specific new items ( any brand ) in a shop to listen ( honest, believe me ). the whole hifi sector is not going well ( being very optimistic ) and the scene is populated by old out of date bigots; in truth klipsch is a rarity, luckily the only hifi shop of my town is an authorised seller, so here we are. thanks for the help.