Monsters, Inc.

Kain

quote:

Sully gives Mike a nasty smelling deoderant of "wet dog"...I just cracked up!

Actually they called it "odorent"--->hehe

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

quote:

Originally posted by Sholnay:

I dont know how you got it for 7.99. Im at the wherehouse site right now and its the usual new release price of 19.99.

Read my post a few up...

quote:

Originally posted by justin_tx_16:

got it for $7.99 at wherehouse music, returned that crappy movie Wickerman
Wink.gif

I returned one movie and only had to pay $7.99 Smile.gif

Yeah, i did not notice the 'orderant' thing in the theater, that was great. the whole movie is really good. i wish thx would just make their own DVD full of the best parts of movies to show off your HT, or any company, DTS or Dolby, but THX would allow the best of both formats.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

thats a good idea justin, i would buy it and all i have are the pm5.1's. ok, I didnt realize you meant that you had store credit and then bought monsters inc using the store credit.... its all clear now.. btw, i rented monsters inc... all I have to say is omg, it was amazing. SO CRISP and clear, the bass was astounding, and the use of 5.1 really shows in the movie, canisters rolling behind you etc.. its great.

------------------

"we only came to kick some a$$... rock the f***ing house and kick some a$$" - Tenacious D(kyle quit the band)

one thing i have to say is that disney always puts great soundtracks on all their dvds. usually they make them thx certified and almost always add a dts sountrack. i own "remember the titans" and although there isn't much to work with, i must say that it has a great soundtrack. i'm probably going to buy beauty and the beast on dvd and i'm sure that's going to be great also. i loved that movie when it came out, sure it's my favorite animated movie.

Monsters Inc has some nice sound effects in the movie. I think Toy Story I and II were better than Monsters but the Monsters has the new Dolby trailer!!

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Kenwood KSV64 Bipolar Speakers

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 585 5 Disc Yamaha

Harman Kardon TC-1000

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

Bought it and watched it this past weekend. Aside from the obvious great animation, graphics, and sound...what I like about this movie was that there are several "things" going on in the background away from the main characters or action. So, it forces you to watch the movie several times in order to catch things that the animators obviously put in to see if anyone catches it. Did anyone notice that one of the toys being pulled out of a toy box was a "Woody" doll from Toy Story? And yes, there's plenty of humor in there that would go over a kids head. It's funny to watch a child give you that "dog whistle" look when you hear something that's funny as hell but it's over their head. I mean, you're cracking up and they just look at you like you've lost it.

Yep - great movie!

Tom Adams

Not just that but look at all the mannerisms that people have. How they move their head and the end of their voice on words, etc etc. It is surreal. It astonishes me at how they can make something so apparently fake seem to be so real. We know they are not real, but it sometimes hard to convince youself that Sully did not really just crash into a pile of snow...

There is a pretty neat easter egg on the DVD as well. go to dvdeastereggs.com and check it out Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

Hey, I just found out that the Region 2 version of Monsters, Inc. has a DTS soundtrack.

http://www.bytesandbobs.com/dvdcompare/comparison.asp?T=1476

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung SP55W3HF (55" Rear-Projection 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier