Monsters, Inc.

Kain

I haven't seen this movie, but since it got good reviews I was thinking of buying it, but I wanted your opinions first. Smile.gif

So, what do you guys think of the movie? Is it good? Fun to watch? Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung WS-36Z4HF (36" Direct View 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

My list of BUYS animation wise (rhymes teehee)

(nmot including some of the decent anime, Princess Monoke etc and Disney "crap" that comes out now-a-days, remaking Cinderella, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, etc, that should be a sin...)

Monsters Inc

Toy Story 1

Toy Story 2

Ice Age

what else is on this let?

A Bugs Life

There is still another one... or two...

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

Thanks guys. Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung WS-36Z4HF (36" Direct View 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Monsters Inc Kicked *** for the type of movie it was.

I thought it was really good and packed alot of adult

humor. Def a flick to buy..

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

HK AVR-510 Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

pwk.gif

R.I.P. Paul W. Klipsch THE LEGEND! 3/9/04 - 5/5/02

I've got the 2disc set and I'll watch it now and see how it is. THX 5.1 EX plus a DD 5.1 Surround EX Sound Effects only track???

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

A friend of mine bought the movie Wednesday (a store near his home sells movies 1-2 weeks early, but thats another story) and said the graphics were incredible. He is really into video whereas I am more the audio type. He has a projector, hdpc, and all to run this stuff. He said he has now replaced Schrek as a video benchmark. Not only was the amimation outstanding, but he reports it was a funny movie too. A must buy for those into great video.

It's as good as they say! I watched it with my Grado headphones last night and REALLY enjoyed it. Now I'll see what this soundfx track is all about and check out the animated shorts that are included. I run a video store and it really sucks to hear about other stores breaking the street date. It's NOT fair to people like me who abide by the rules. The whole reason to have the street dates is to make it fair for all the stores. Some great animated movies to add to Justin's list are:

Fire and Ice

American Pop

When the Wind Blows

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

This message has been edited by synthfreek on 09-13-2002 at 12:39 PM

I managed to get my hands on a copy of the DVD last week and it does indeed look and sound great. Story is pretty decent too. Some of the extras are really geared towards kids though. The animated shorts are good. Only problem is that I watched a trailer for "Mikes New Car" or whatever its called, and the trailer is 1 1/2 minutes and the short is only about 2 1/2 minutes. Go figure.

As to an earlier post, Final Fantasy looks and sounds incredible!! some good bass. I thought the story was pretty good too.

------------------

Mains: KLF 10's

Center: RC-3 (I know--doesn't match mains)

Surrounds: Quintets

Receiver: Denon 3802

DVD: Denon DVD-900

TV: Sony 36XBR400

VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U48

LaserDisc: Pioneer D605

MIT T2 and T3cables throughout

The kids and I are watching Monsters, Inc. tonight. Blockbuster has a deal where you buy the DVD and then get a free rental per week for 10 weeks. If you rent movies that frequently it's like getting the DVD for free....breakeven point is 1 movie per week for 6 out of the 10 weeks. We did the same deal for Lord of the Rings.

THX sound is great...would love to have some SVS Ultras like Jeff Savage's trio to hear the deep base. When Sully fall flat on his back there's a great thud...only a normal thud on my system.

Since I recently washed the my Golden Retriever I was asking myself how come she stinks after a bath. Then in this movie Sully gives Mike a nasty smelling deoderant of "wet dog"...I just cracked up!

Picked it up at BB today during lunch, so I could watch it with my boys tonight.

It was a good movie with LOTS of bass. Of course I watched at +4 over REF so the sub was shaking the hell out of the house. Kids loved it!!

My 3 year old is afraid of the THX intro on this and TS, so I turn it down during the opening otherwise they're already "junior" bassheads cwm4.gif

------------------

KLF-30 - mains

KLF-10 - center channel

KLF 10's/20's - surrounds

KLF-C7 - back center

DIY dual Tempest sonosub

THe bass track is truly awesome on this cd. favorite part is when there is a power surge or failure, wow! Now that is some bass Smile.gif

I was amazed to say the least at thepicture quality. on my progressive scan dvd player and my hdtv, it looked astonishing better than what i saw at the theaters for sure, but even better than all other movies in my collection.

it comes with a THX optimizer, that is fun. The surround sound mix is terrific. I have this thing about not knowing what is behind me, luckily I am against a wall in that room Wink.gif It really is a great sound track. There are so many options too.

I also liked how it actually filled up my 16:9 screen, i sure do hate those black bars.

It has so many jokes that go over the heads of little kids, I laughed my arse off. I had three people over, yes a school night..., and we had a grand ol' time.

I still can not get over the bass track, they MUST have enhanced it because it was not that strong at AMC Theaters when I saw it last time. They use JBL pro.

It is a must buy IMHO. go to Wherehouse music, they have it for $10 off the MSRP.

Wow, the picture quality was great! A WHOLE disc full of extras... so many that they give you a map! LoL

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

I dont know how you got it for 7.99. Im at the wherehouse site right now and its the usual new release price of 19.99. A little too expensive for my blood, but then you guys make it sound so impressive. Maybe if I go to the store, they will have it cheaper? I doubt it. About the movie: I loved it in the theaters! As for final fantasy, i didnt like the story too much, it wasnt as good as I was expecting, but it looks good. soon, games will be rendered with that quality in real time, lol funny to think about. I cant wait till I can setup my own HT. I hope everyone is still around here when that time comes so I can get pointers! (it will still be a couple years- gotta wait till im out of college)

------------------

"we only came to kick some a$$... rock the f***ing house and kick some a$$" - Tenacious D(kyle quit the band)

i rented this one yesterday and i must say it has some of the strongest bass i've heard. the sound effects are pretty awesome too. i love that thx beginning with the cows. its the first time i heard it at home (usually only get it in theaters).

i still can't get over the bass though, especially when the giant monster crosses the street. also in some instances there are great thumps that you feel hitting your chest like a sledgehammer. this is a must buy, especially if i have friends over that are not into the action packed movies which make up 99% of my dvd collection.