Amp/preamp for Palladium P39F under 2k :)

alexg5775

26 minutes ago, alexg5775 said:

You think they will take some DYI sound panels? :P

Most likely not.  I have offered to trade midfi CD players, integrated amps, and BD players and they have accepted my offers to trade but I declined to make a deal.  It is a good way to get some value for unused quality gear in good condition without the hassle of listing and selling.

31 minutes ago, alexg5775 said:

Anyone have any experience this integrated? The Marantz pm 11S1?

No experience but have heard/read great things about it.

Bill

9 minutes ago, A1UC said:

The Cronus Magnum II
Had it sounded great plenty of power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That look like a nice amp to go with the Palladiums.  How did it sound and do power wise with your Palladium speakers?  I have my RF 7's on a 200 watt amp and it takes a lot more power compared to the tube amp from looking at the readings on the power console.

That look like a nice amp to go with the Palladiums.  How did it sound and do power wise with your Palladium speakers?  I have my RF 7's on a 200 watt amp and it takes a lot more power compared to the tube amp from looking at the readings on the power console.

I used it with my Joseph Perspectives but it sounded good real good .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am using a Synthesis Roma 510AC tube AMP 2 X 80 Watts on my Klipsch Palladium P-38 towers and the sound was never that good. They even sing with the 2 X 26 Watt Synthesis Roma 96DC Class A tube AMP running on EL34’s. 

I tried multiple solid state Amps from different brands, none of them where able to make those speakers shine like they do now running on tubes.

I am using the 80 Watt AMP not because the 26 Watt version is not powerfull enough but because I like the KT88 tube soundwise better.

I also vote Parasound or high-end Marantz.  Should keep you under $2k.  At 99 dB/w/m, you don't need more then 100 watts/ch.

That room will need son BIG, THICK rugs to damp the reflections off that hard floor.  Else, you'll be wearing ear plugs.  Wall tapestries would be a great idea, too.