Picked up a pair of KG 2.2's today

avguytx

Was perusing around the thrift stores in town today and picked up a pair of KG 2.2's for a paltry sum of money. Should make a nice pair of garage speakers. Cabinets aren't in the best of shape and there's a small chunk out of a bottom corner but that's okay. They'll most likely be put up high somewhere. All the drivers work so that was a definite bonus. I was going to post a picture but it doesn't seem to like uploading a 1.8mb file. 

Also picked up 3 basic turntables...just 'cause.  Not really that great but I like getting them back working decent and sell them to those getting a start back in vinyl. That and I just like tinkering. There was a B.I.C 960, MCS 6500, and Realistic Lab 400 ( this was my first turntable as a young teen...bought myself). But funot roaming around. 

I guess they didn't turn out too terribly bad after a light sanding with 320 grit plus 0000 steel wool and then a good oiling with Formby's Low Gloss Tung Oil.  It's almost like a mini pair of CF-3's as they have the same finish as those.  ha  Need to recover those grills which look to be interesting.  Also need one grill emblem.  Anyone have one of those? :)

First picture is before any sanding and oil.

20161210_150955 (667x800).jpg

20161211_185802 (800x542).jpg

20161211_185825 (800x559).jpg

Nice work.  Hope you find an emblem.  Recovering the grilles will be a task.  Maybe just the metal alone will be good for a garage.

I've been buying that model for my nephews and niece as they each turn 13.  By that age, if not earlier, you must have a stereo in your room.

The KG 2.2 and 2.5 are great bookshelves for what can be found on the used market.  The KG models in general are an excellent value for the money spent.