my RP-3 arrived broken

scott_home

I am really upset by uBid. The speakers were not in their orginal packing condition. The uBid people actually put pieces of broken foam blocks around the speakers and shipped them. The boxes were in very bad shape when I received them. Both speakers were damaged at the corners and edges. Some of the damages were caused by the shipping while some were not. uBid actually shipped broken speakers to me while they said the speakers were new.

I am going to return the speaker immediately. Do you guys know which agency I can file compliants against uBid? This is not the first time they screwed me. I won an auction for an Infinity subwoofer at a low price a month ago and uBid told me that they were out of stock a week later.

Besides all the frustration, I do like the sound of RP-3. I am just wondering how you guys compare a pair of RP-3 to a pair of RF-3 II plus a subwoofer. I know some of you have changed from RP-3 to RF-3 II. How is the bass of RP-3 comparing to a KSW-12? Please give your comments here. Thanks.

Scott

It sounds like your speaker actually WAS in its original packaging. Ubid ships by UPS in factory boxes, which are not meant for that type of shipping. Klipsch packaging is intended for pallet transportation. The broken foam blocks are what used to be foam corners for each corner of the speaker. They broke during shipping and shifted around the package. Regardless, Ubid is 100% responsible for seeing that you get compensated appropriately by them, not the shipping company.

U never know with UBID. One time I bought a CD holder and it came it great shape. The next time I bought the same holder it was obviously used and had some damage. They basically suck and will eventually go under because they will lose customers and the word will get out that they are not a good company to do business with. Returning anything to them is a nightmare. One time I ordered a case for music and they sent me 50 when I should have only gotten one. The shipping was 100.00. I refused the shipment so I didn't have to pay the return shipping. They tried to get me to accept it..THEY SUCK!!!

good luck getting there customer service. I called once and it took over a hour to get through. Call them in the morning early and you might have a better chance.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Kenwood KSV64 Bipolar Speakers

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 585 5 Disc Yamaha

Harman Kardon TC-1000

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

Bummer! It is certainly sad to read about your experience. Must be just like waking up on Christmas morning expecting presents and finding a lump of coal.

How were your speakers shipped, UPS, freight? I can envision this kind of damage if they were shipped UPS. I seem to recall seeing uBid charging a rather high shipping fee for these claiming some kind of "white glove" shipping. Is that what you paid for?

Best to inspect a delivery like this before accepting it and decline delivery rather than have to deal with shipping it back.

I assume you have already contacted your credit card company for a charge back.

You might complain in writing to Klipsch headquarters about your experience. Klipsch has the power to withdraw its business and cost uBid money if it doesn't shape up.

You might complain to uBid in writing, demand they get a pair to you in good condition, and make it clear that a lot of potential customers are going to hear about the outcome.

You can file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or a similar organization. It might help other consumers avoid them.

If you have a local TV station that does consumer interest pieces you might contact them and see if they can get you some satisfaction out of uBid or at least sully their name in your region.

Other than that, I think you will be wasting your time filing complaints. Stuff gets damaged in shipping. Some companies are better at shipping than others. You are only going to get attention if you can make a convincing case of fraud. And proving that the speaker was damaged before it was shipped will be nearly impossible. Even if you could prove it, ask yourself "is it worth my time?"

FWIW if I were you, I would just cut bait after getting the credit card charge back and move on with my life.

Considering your past experience with uBid, all the threads on this site about problems with uBid, and the threads about the difficulty of shipping speakers without damage, why the heck did you buy these from uBid? Were you in denial? Sounds like one for Dr. Phil.

I too had my "experience" with UBID on the RP3's. To start, when they arrived at UPS. One was an RP3 on was an RP5. So I refused the RP5, patiently waited two weeks to get the other one shipped. When I did get them one of the woofers had a crackling noise on any heavy bass, upon futher investigation I noticed a 'ding' on the back side of the speaker. Whatever caused that ding is probably what worked my woofer loose.

So, to make a long story short, UBID got them both back, I was fully credited for every penny.

I have to say I had no problems with the return process, they emailed me UPS return slips, I sent them back at their expense. No problem.