WTB KG I.5 woofers

ccdowenye

Hi,

Long time lurker finally decided to post. I am in need of 2 replacement woofers for my beloved KG 1.5s. I have tried to find non Klipsch options as well but have come up short. Heck I'd even consider buying another pair, in oak if possible.

Thanks!

Craigster

I emailed them but I'm gun shy about long distance purchases now. Bought these 1.5s locally, guy swore up and down they weee great. I was in a hurry, didn't listen to them . Get home crossovers melted and woofers absolutely dead. Bought a pair of KG4s and shipped from Denver, 4 of the 8 corners crushed, base broken, and UPS packed it!!

Only paid 40$ for them. Maybe it's not worth fixing them?

23 hours ago, ccdowenye said:

Only paid 40$ for them. Maybe it's not worth fixing them?

Just my opinion... But it will be easier to find another pair of 1.5's (or 2.5's), for about the same price, if you're patient, than just a pair of woofers.

You might be able to find a replacement woofer from Parts Express...

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/woofers/15

But you'll have to dig through the specs to see if the bolt hole diameters match close enough to fit.

Shipping is such a crap shoot these days. Sorry to hear about the KG4's.

On 12/19/2016 at 9:11 PM, ccdowenye said:

Ok let me show my noobiness, same woofers?

Off the top of my head, the KG2 is a much better speaker with a passive so it will have a lot more bass. I used them for garage speakers for 2 years before replacing them with Forte 2s. The neighbors really enjoyed them as well. On the 1.5s look at it as a learning experience. On the KG4s, the cabinets can be repaired if you're good at woodworking, otherwise throw them in the garage or part them out. You should be able to get enough out of them to buy another pair of decent speakers. I don't know where in Utah, but deals seem to pop up all the time on KSL. There's a few members out yuor way, maybe they can help you if you live closeby

On the KG2s someone in the area can check them out and make sure everything is good. Maybe even ship them to you so they don't get damaged. If you had the KG4s insured for a fair price ($250-400) UPS should pay you for them since they packed them. 

Mark

Guys thank you very much for the info and ideas!!

I think I agree, unless some 1.5s woofers fall  in my lap dirt cheap, I'll just look to replace them.

Parts express was a no go. 

KSL (I'm in Salt Lake City) has been a good source of equipment in the past so I'll just keep my eyes peeled after the holidays. Patience is the key right?

As for the KG4s, yes I am waiting for the insurance claim to go through. I have pictures of the speakers in and coming out of the box damaged so I'm hopeful it'll not take to long.

i need to visit this site more often!!