Yamaha CR-2040---SOLD

willland

Here is beautiful beast of a Yamaha receiver that I am selling for my neighbor.  Front, rear, top, and right side panel in very good condition, left side has scratches.  Sounds great but has some scratchy pots so some pot/contact cleaner will be a must.

Seller has not given me a price yet but I included photos below.  As with the Sansui, the seller would prefer to sell locally or semi-locally

$450.00 for local pickup.  Seller still undecided about shipping.

Bill

Yamaha CR-2040 front.jpg

Yamaha CR-2040 rear.jpg

Yamaha CR-2040 top.jpg

Yamaha CR-2040 right side.jpg

Yamaha CR-2040 left side.jpg

Having owned one of those for...geez...  30 years??  (bought new when it came out)

It's a beast of a unit and if you like to record, was very nifty in that it had the record out selector where you could choose a source for taping yet, listen to a different source.

I found that most pleasant one night when I was paid to drag my stuff to my old room mates frat so they could go deaf on my LaScalas...

That night though, on the radio, they were playing a live (simulcast) Moody Blues concert right during the show.....  what to do...  I really wanted to hear the Moody Blues....but also wanted to get paid my $20/hour... So, I also took along my cassette player (Pioneer CTF-1000) and did both simultaneously!!

Gave it to my wifes nephew last year (along with my EV Interface D's & dbx stuff)

Good luck with sale, it's a heavy one.

Oh, and in case you didn't know (a casual reader that is), it also has the variable loudness control verses an 'off/on' loudness button. 

I believe it will accept a MC or MM cartridge.