Anyone put LaScalas in Front of Khorns

bcarey13

So I am in the middle of restoring my 57' Khorns and hope to be done in a week or two.  In the meantime I am using my LaScalas in the corners reserved for the khorns.  My initial plan was to move the LaScalas to another room or use them in a home theater setup but I really really love the sound of them and want to keep them in my two channel room.  I know I can fit them flat along the wall sitting inside the khorns but was thinking of putting them right in front of the Khorn bass bin.  Has anyone tried this?  Have pictures of what it'll look like etc?  Any negatives for the sound?  I know aesthetically it might come out into the room a little far and it will be visually blocking some of the Khorn?

I've been googling for pics but haven't found one yet.

Just curious if anyone has had any experience with this or recommendations?

You can mist certainly do it, but you will most likely not get the same sound out of the la scalas since they will not be in a corner. The soundstage will likely be smaller and the imaging won't be as good. But certainly try it, take pictures, post them here, and let us know your thoughts.

Same with an additional octave of bass, it was immediately noticeable when I transitioned from Belle's to Klipschorn's.  I ended up going back to La Scala's since I have water baseboard heating and could not get them ideally sealed even using pipe insulation.  I just added more subbage to compensate.  The Klipschorn's created an amazing image though right in front of you to the point I have to get up to see if the center La Scala was on while listening in 2-channel mode.

• Like 1