Test to see if Eleven 15" drivers would move my AT Screen

Youthman

• Moderators

I've had several people ask me if having (3) LaScalas and (4) RSW-15's directly behind my AT screen causes the screen to move.  I have never noticed it move but today I thought I would do an actual test and take a look at it closer.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Good demonstration, wondered about that myself with screens. Well done 

I remember back in the old days when at first you weren't sure about the LaScalas, glad to see where you went with this, great room. Hope the family is all good. 

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, dtel said:

I remember back in the old days when at first you weren't sure about the LaScalas

Yeah, I never would have seen this coming....but I'm really glad I went this direction.

Family is doing great.  I took my son skydiving today for his 18th bday and a few weeks ago I took him Snowboarding in Colorado for his Graduation Gift.

Youth,

Again, killer set up.

Question for ya. I believe the RSW15's have the powered driver facing the rear and the passive radiator facing forward, is that correct? If so, have you ever experimented with the active facing out? I understand they were designed that way but doubt very much the designer had your system in mind during the design phase. I think Matthews has that sub (only one / slacker) in use with his LS (only 2), and he prefers to turn it around.  Just curious.

• Moderators

Thanks Mookie.  I believe you are correct, the Passive is in the front.  I personally have never tried turning them around.  It would really take away from the clean look I have with the amp plate and cables being shown.  After watching Hacksaw Ridge tonight, I'm surely not feeling like I'm lacking in the bass department.  They sounded amazing tonight.

• Moderators

My eyes are 9' from the screen and it's PERFECT!  I thought it might be too large but it's absolutely immersive without being too large to view the entire image.  When I go to the movie theater, I tend to sit pretty close to the middle.  I don't like being up any closer than that.

1 minute ago, AaronB123 said:

Does it need to be a certain distance for it to be optimal?

I believe there is a general rule of something like 1.2 times the screen width.  If that were the case, that would be over 14' (which is where my back row is).  I imagine everyone is different but 150" at 9' on a 2.35:1 screen is awesome to me.

• Like 1