Going to dynaco ST 70b

Jim Cornell

I found a dynaco ST 70 with matching pre amp, im thinking about them both!

After i get these im ganna post this place on the BB, this guy deals with tube amps, in Denver, and has a good selection!

Jim Cornell

Golden tubes are out of buisness, if sanyone wants to know

This message has been edited by Jim Cornell on 09-18-2002 at 12:40 PM

These will probably need some parts replacement down the line so take heed. Also, the unmodified ST-70 is not exactly the performance leader. Make sure you are getting a VERY good deal before not taking other options. Jim, you need to have a bit of patience here before jumping on a purchase within the first two days of looking.

kh

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 09-18-2002 at 01:03 PM

Jim,

I've got to agree with Mobile.Think Eico HF87 with an HF85 pre,and you'll blow the socks off an ST70,for about 700.0 the pair.

I sold my rebuilt HF87 to a good friend,and since he changes equipment like underwear,he may want to sell.It's got 1200v Electrocube caps,Bugle boy 12ax7,Eico 6sn7.I sold it to buy my Citation II,and it's a real plug and play.It will destroy an ST70.

If you are interested,let me know.

As far as an HF85,you're on your own,but 200.00 ought to buy a good one ,and it's a very simple pre,with good sound and a very good phono section.Clean it up,maybe get fancy with caps,and if you're really feeling pricey,a Dact volume control.You'll be set for life.

Best,

Pat

Hi,

No.I replaced the coupling caps,and the under chassis electrolytics only.The coil/points ramp up approach is a little weird,but the ps doubling scheme has ample uf,and this amp has superb iron.Real impressive sound,sort of like a clarified Marantz 8b.

Best,

Pat