OLED vs LED flat screens in the 50" to 65" range.

teknoid

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My KURO is going strong and I have absolutely no reason to replace it.

My thoughts exactly right before my 4.5 year old Samsung plasma took a dump.  Your Pioneer Elite Kuro "should" have a much longer shelf life.

Bill

1 minute ago, willland said:

My thoughts exactly right before my 4.5 year old Samsung plasma took a dump.  Your Pioneer Elite Kuro "should" have a much longer shelf life.

Bill

It's probably 7 or 8 years old.  I've had it calibrated twice and the picture is still phenomenal.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

It's probably 7 or 8 years old.  I've had it calibrated twice and the picture is still phenomenal.

I believe it.  Those babies are rock solid and still the ones that all are judged against.

Bill

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

By the time I'm ready for an OLED, prices should be way down and 4K content should be more prevalent.  My KURO is going strong and I have absolutely no reason to replace it.

Agree, I was just looking to upgrade to the best 65 my budget would allow and the Sony fit the bill. Still this is a good deal on a 55 oled with hdcp 2.2, hdmi 2.0 and good upscaler.        www.abesofmaine.com