Leslie Speaker

Mallette

A good friend of mine reports this:

"Hey guys. I know you are probably both to busy, but... I'm cleaning out the last of my hangers and one of the things (I knew it was in there) is a Leslie speaker. Definite will need some work, but so far as I know, it is complete. Interested?"

I can't even think about it, but if anyone here is seriously interested let me know.  I can have it moved to Lonelobo's home in the DFW northern mid-cities area for pickup or whatever.

Dave

• Like 1

Leslie's can draw a pretty good price if they are in reasonable shape.  They can be rebuilt to "like new" and are in demand, especially if they are the old mahogany box type.  HDBR is right on!  "Whiter Shade of Pale" is a good example.  Also the Deep Purple classic................"Smoke On The Water"  Ha Ha!

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

You can also use one with electric guitar to get some cool organ sounds. I believe Stephen Stills has done so, as well as many others.

Bruce

Eric Clapton's solo in Cream's Badge was played through a Leslie. And John Lennon's vocal in the last half of Tomorrow Never Knows was put through a Leslie (one of the first non-organ uses on record). I don't play organ, but if I weren't over 1,000 miles away from DFW I'd claim it — they're tre cool.

• Like 1