Suggestions: how to repair Forte II speaker post.

I recently noted that my Forte II's, speaker post no longer tightens completely, resulting in speaker wire to fall off the post. Which then causes the speaker from projecting any sound out to the listener. Note, no sound is then projected out to its listeners from the speaker.

Note, crossovers & tweeters were previously replaced. I double check and all wires are still properly connected.

Welcome suggestions on what the best remedy is. Assume options available either retighten (previously done, no improvement), or replace, any suggestions who to call or where to purchase, (I called Klipsch, unfortunately they don't offer any support for these speakers).

Thank you in advance for replying with any suggestions. All the best, Jeff

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I do not know what those posts look like. But I'm sure you can find some even better posts at parts express and replace them on both speakers. May require some drilling but then you would be able to use banana plugs then. Post a pic of them.

If you hold the wires to any metal on the posts, do you get sound at all?

If so, you may want to give banana plugs a shot.  It's possible that the binding post nuts are stripped, but using banana plugs could still provide a solid connection.

• Like 1

Adam; To answer your question: Yes, still hearing terrific sound (Using tape to keep wire from disengaging).

Posts are similar to majority of other Klipsch speakers that I have seen. I will attempt to post photo tomorrow.

If it is just the nut that is bad, if you can measure the diameter of the post, you can buy a terminal cup at Parts Express and use one of the plastic, or better yet, replace all the Forte II nuts with something like these  metal nuts.  Just unscrew them from the terminal and screw them on yours.  Just make sure the size is correct.  Many of these are standard sizes.  I have never noticed the nuts sold separately.  Much better than stock plastic.

Sorry picture didn't post 260-285_HR_0.jpg

• Like 1

Since you get sound (meaning that there is no internal connection issue), I suggest using banana plugs rather than bare wire.  You would tighten the binding post nut as much as possible and then insert the plug into the the center of the binding post nut.

Two pairs of these would work.

http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-banana-plug-pair-compression-type--091-330

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adam2434 said:

Since you get sound (meaning that there is no internal connection issue), I suggest using banana plugs rather than bare wire.  You would tighten the binding post nut as much as possible and then insert the plug into the the center of the binding post nut.

Two pairs of these would work.

http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-banana-plug-pair-compression-type--091-330

Good idea if high end wires are not being used with spade connectors.  A lot of very good banana plugs out there and I use them for ease and have stripped the plastic nuts in the past.

• Like 1

Using for first & only time, quality wires with spades. Usually use 14 Guage, copper wire that I made into speaker cable with plugs on ends. Moment of weakness bought these cables, noticed no difference over my home made cables. In addition, surprised with the price difference, yes appearance is very nice, no difference in sound.

6 hours ago, BlueHusky79 said:

Using for first & only time, quality wires with spades. Usually use 14 Guage, copper wire that I made into speaker cable with plugs on ends. Moment of weakness bought these cables, noticed no difference over my home made cables. In addition, surprised with the price difference, yes appearance is very nice, no difference in sound.

Can you return or sell the new speaker wires?

If not, you could re-terminate the new speaker wires with bananas, or go back to your old wires with bananas.

I was just sharing my experience, so others may avoid the same sales con. I knew better, sales person was aggressive and dropped the price, betting I would purchase additional cables. My sanity return prior to them attempting to get me place a larger order. As I said earlier, they looked good, no benefit to sound. Bad deal.