Klipsch RF-7, RC-7 opinion

ljsimp

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ljsimp said:

We came to an agreement the RF-7, RC-7 and RSW-15 for $1450.

If you already came to an agreement, he already knows you are willing to pay that amount so he likely isn't going to want to come down any more but again, you never know till you ask.  Cash talks....if you tell him you could bring him a certain amount today, he might be willing.  Either way, I still think it's a good buy.

• Like 1

$1450 for that set up if everything is in nice condition is a great price in my opinion and a nice start to a good system. It is in my opinion that the RC-7 and RSW-15 are two of the best products ever produced by Klipsch and even the current flagship models cannot easily best them. Honestly I was less impressed with the tower speakers but there are some well known crossover mods that are supposed to make a big difference.

My take on pricing is $700 for the towers, $650 for the sub and $350 for the center, assuming of course everything is in nice cosmetic condition. Good luck with whatever you decide!  

Well guys I have them wired up and they sound amazing! I get my Silver Ticket 110" screen tomorrow. I have ordered a MARANTZ SR5010 which should be in by Wed/Thurs. I really appreciate everyone's advice. What I am in need of now is surround speakers. Also what are your opinions on a streaming device? I am looking at used Nvidia Shields for around $120, and Roku...any other tips would be appreciated. If you guys have any setup recommendations let me know I am new to this :)

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, ljsimp said:

Well guys I have them wired up and they sound amazing!

Congrats on the new system!  I thought you might like it.

For surrounds, RS-7 are the matching but RS-52 or RS-62 (original version or Version II) would work great as well.

39 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

You don't need surrounds, our heads only have two channels anyway. 

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.  Mr. Simp you might want to try running your setup in L/C/R w/ subs and see how it sounds. 

I know 5.1, 7.1 and up is cool but 3.1 sounds best to my ears.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Congrats on the new system!  I thought you might like it.

For surrounds, RS-7 are the matching but RS-52 or RS-62 (original version or Version II) would work great as well.

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.  Mr. Simp you might want to try running your setup in L/C/R w/ subs and see how it sounds. 

I appreciate the tips I think I will take my time to find RS-7s so I will enjoy the 3.1 for now. Is there a decent guide to setting up the audio or do I let the stereo auto adjust? 

11 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Agreed.  Wouldn't it be cool if the industry digressed and offered 3.1 as an option?!  If the recordings could be recorded/played back in a 3.1 format, I'll bet many would be excited to hear more from less.  Alright, wvu80, you draw up the plans and we'll patent it.  Just don't tell anyone else.

• Like 1

Well I have just received my Marantz SR5010 and loving the Audyssey suite. My question is the subwoofer strength seems gentle not as agressive during action scenes, it is set to -12 and the dial on the RSW-15 set to half. Low-Pass is disabled, Auto is enabled, frequency set to 120Hz on back. 

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, ljsimp said:

Well I have just received my Marantz SR5010 and loving the Audyssey suite. My question is the subwoofer strength seems gentle not as agressive during action scenes, it is set to -12 and the dial on the RSW-15 set to half. Low-Pass is disabled, Auto is enabled, frequency set to 120Hz on back. 

Thanks!

Turn the sub gain down until a calibration level of around -5.  Then, post calibration turn the trim up in the avr for the sub to taste.  RS 35 will also work as great surround.

Hey Guys looking for opinion. I found a set of RS-7s for $325 is this a fair deal or should I hold off? I know a few of you recommended sticking with the 2-channel and I admit it sounds great but I do not have a reference point to go based off. Toss out your ideas I am open ears. 

Thanks!

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, ljsimp said:

Hey Guys looking for opinion. I found a set of RS-7s for $325 is this a fair deal or should I hold off?

Jump on them if they are in good condition.  Great price for those.

Thanks Youthman, another quick question for you. My room is 15x25. I have 2 stages of couches first one is 10FT from front, the other is 13FT. I placed the subwoofer to the far right front but ill be honest because I have no false wall it is fairly cluttery. In your honest opinion should I keep the sub right where it is, or could I place it all the way in the back? Cabling is not an issue I can crawl above, and to the sides. I know you have a few 15s do you keep all their gain knobs at 0 and adjust from the amplifier?

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, ljsimp said:

My room is 15x25

Nice size room.  That's the dimensions of my living room.  Wish my HT was that large.  :D

3 minutes ago, ljsimp said:

In your honest opinion should I keep the sub right where it is, or could I place it all the way in the back?

Most people place their subs based on convenience or asthetics (exactly what I did).  Could they sound better in another location?  I'm sure they could but I love the way they look stacked and directly behind the screen.

My suggestion is experiment with placement of your sub.  See where it sounds the best and is aesthetically pleasing to you.  You may give up a little bit of output to have it in a location that fits the room and doesn't cause it to look cluttered.  We can offer our opinions all day long but only you can determine if it's worth it.

Are you familiar with the sub crawl?  That will help you determine where in the room the sub will sound the best by placing the sub in your primary listening position and then crawling on the floor around the room to see where you get the best bass response.  It's easier to do that than to move the sub around the entire room testing it.

7 minutes ago, ljsimp said:

I know you have a few 15s do you keep all their gain knobs at 0 and adjust from the amplifier?

I guess you could say I have a pair of a few.  LOL  I can't remember exactly where I have the gain on the sub.  Probably 1/2, maybe a tad less than 1/2?  I then ran Audyssey and let it set the subs.  Then I used my DB Meter to calibrate and tweak to my liking.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Nice size room.  That's the dimensions of my living room.  Wish my HT was that large.  :D

Most people place their subs based on convenience or asthetics (exactly what I did).  Could they sound better in another location?  I'm sure they could but I love the way they look stacked and directly behind the screen.

My suggestion is experiment with placement of your sub.  See where it sounds the best and is aesthetically pleasing to you.  You may give up a little bit of output to have it in a location that fits the room and doesn't cause it to look cluttered.  We can offer our opinions all day long but only you can determine if it's worth it.

Are you familiar with the sub crawl?  That will help you determine where in the room the sub will sound the best by placing the sub in your primary listening position and then crawling on the floor around the room to see where you get the best bass response.  It's easier to do that than to move the sub around the entire room testing it.

I guess you could say I have a pair of a few.  LOL  I can't remember exactly where I have the gain on the sub.  Probably 1/2, maybe a tad less than 1/2?  I then ran Audyssey and let it set the subs.  Then I used my DB Meter to calibrate and tweak to my liking.

Thanks that is what I was looking for. I used to low crawl in the military I guess I will now put it to good use :)

• Like 1

I bought a pair of RF7s and RC64 and then followed that up with a SVS PC2000 and I grin ear to ear every time I turn my system on. There was a little break in period in the towers as the base wasn't very present but they get better every day. I listen to a lot of metal and watch a ton of movies and this set up has to be heard to be believed. The SVS sub was the icing on the cake. If you can find a good deal on these speakers, snag em and don't look back.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

• Like 1