SP-2000 speakers

Marvel

My wife and I have been helping a friend pack up stuff, throw out stuff and move. Husband passed away due to an auto accident a few years ago. 5000 sq. ft. house. None of her grown kids are helping at all. Anyway, she's always been generous, and gave me a pair oc Sansui SP-2000 speakers that the husband got when he was on vacation in VN in early '70s. Was in USN for whole career.

The cabs are a little worse for wear, and I havenxt  heckex oht the drivers yet. Did these have foam surrounds on them?

Bruce

I just found info that says they have cloth surrounds on this model.

These have the lattice grill with fabric on the back side. They are still in my car, as we didn't get home until after 10:00 last night. With other things to do before going to bed and then up at 5:30, I'm dragging a lttle bit today.

3 minutes ago, Marvel said:

With other things to do before going to bed and then up at 5:30, I'm dragging a lttle bit today.

Yo!  :o  Someone is going to need a couple of power naps today.  B)

Staying up late at night and getting up early usually doesn't bother me the same day, but the NEXT day I am just useless.

+++

I heard some Sansui's a few years ago.  There are phenomenal sounding speakers and I love the 70's retro look with the lattice fascia.  They simply don't make them that way any more.