Cornwall II...should I?

svberger

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Always good advice to be found here. Experimenting is a good thing. That said, you can always try up nearer the window, although picture may show that done already. Really nice speakers and welcome to the forum.

Thanks!

I have been experimenting. Have moved them both as close to the corners as possible(there is a lot of TV related cabling by the right wall which you can probably see...unfortunately somewhat permanently installed...long story) and at least for the moment this seems to be the best place for them. 

0530170848.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, svberger said:

Thanks!

I have been experimenting. Have moved them both as close to the corners as possible(there is a lot of TV related cabling by the right wall which you can probably see...unfortunately somewhat permanently installed...long story) and at least for the moment this seems to be the best place for them. 

0530170848.jpg

Know what you mean. I have a couch blocking about half of one woofer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, svberger said:

Thanks!

See another member said understood you work with what you have. That is some of our situations as well. Bet it sounds pretty decent...

Good fortune!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, billybob said:

See another member said understood you work with what you have. That is some of our situations as well. Bet it sounds pretty decent...

Good fortune!

Honestly it's more difficult finding a way for them to not sound great:D No matter how I set them up they always make the music sound better. It's one of the main reasons I fell for them in the first place. I sold my first pair when I didn't think the room was doing them justice, only to realize after messing about with smaller speakers that even with room limitations the Cornwalls are still  better at just about everything. They might lack in imaging compared to some smaller speakers, but really by such a small degree that it's hardly noticeable, considering how they do everything else so well. 

Glad to have finally come to my senses. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, svberger said:

Glad to have finally come to my senses

Glad you remembered your first pair. Yes, certain tradeoffs are sometimes inevitable. Keep listening to your different source/material and enjoy!

At least you cut to the chase quickly. Highly desirable speakers here, as you know, or are finding out.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, svberger said:

Honestly it's more difficult finding a way for them to not sound great:D No matter how I set them up they always make the music sound better. It's one of the main reasons I fell for them in the first place.

Your right, and looking at your room your in great shape, which I must say your room looks cool. Looks great, nice size with room for the speakers to breath, curtains behind them probably help also.

Love the floors !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Your right, and looking at your room your in great shape, which I must say your room looks cool. Looks great, nice size with room for the speakers to breath, curtains behind them probably help also.

Love the floors !

Why thanks. It's a well lived in room. But it does seem to make those speakers feel at home. 

• Moderators

They really look at home, and there is nothing like adding good sounds to a home, I would say it benefits whoever spends time there. Music is special, it affects people in a good way, kind of the same way people like to live near water, you tend to just sit and look out over it, or a fire, most people just tend to stare at it,  some things people are just naturally attracted to and music is one of them.

Well it seems like it anyway. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, dtel said:

They really look at home, and there is nothing like adding good sounds to a home, I would say it benefits whoever spends time there. Music is special, it affects people in a good way, kind of the same way people like to live near water, you tend to just sit and look out over it, or a fire, most people just tend to stare at it,  some things people are just naturally attracted to and music is one of them.

Well it seems like it anyway. 

Right on brother. Well said. 

• Like 1