Where's the fun in that?

muel

So I ran across a forum where someone had asked a question but received this reply:

closed as not constructive 

As it currently stands, this question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. We expect answers to be supported by facts, references, or expertise, but this question will likely solicit debate, arguments, polling, or extended discussion. If you feel that this question can be improved and possibly reopened, visit the help center for guidance.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

How boring would this forum be with rules like this?  Avoiding debate or extended discussion?  Yuck!

Answers supported by facts, references, or expertise?

Heh heh!  Now that's just crazy talk! 

Whoops, pardon the ad hominem attack!

Gee, if I was not allowed to share narratives of my own experience with particular equipment or set up I wouldn't be saying much of anything.  Personally, I think well considered anecdotal evidence can be quite useful.  

23 minutes ago, muel said:

So I ran across a forum where someone had asked a question but received this reply:

closed as not constructive 

As it currently stands, this question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. We expect answers to be supported by facts, references, or expertise, but this question will likely solicit debate, arguments, polling, or extended discussion. If you feel that this question can be improved and possibly reopened, visit the help center for guidance.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

How boring would this forum be with rules like this?  Avoiding debate or extended discussion?  Yuck!

Answers supported by facts, references, or expertise?

Heh heh!  Now that's just crazy talk! 

Whoops, pardon the ad hominem attack!

Gee, if I was not allowed to share narratives of my own experience with particular equipment or set up I wouldn't be saying much of anything.  Personally, I think well considered anecdotal evidence can be quite useful.  

That's great.  Can I use that??????

• Like 1