Post pics of outlandish audio/video components.

kenratboy

I don't mean expensive, here are my examples:

x257HXZ3-f.jpeg

GigaTube or Klipschorn?

x257MXGT80-O_spkr.jpeg

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Yeah, it looks like hell, but it beats EVERY other mini system sold at bestbuy/circuitcity/fry's. It is half the price of the yamaha for instance with a single disc cd player and NO low end, and it sounds 10 times better. although it is ugly as sin.

i did a review on the ten most popular 'shelf' systems, never posted it online, i kept it to an offline basis cause i was/am to lazy to find it and put it online.

it has great bass and overall sound and features for the price. if you can live with the CRAPPY construction and terrible styling.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

WARNING The following contains a light dose of sarcasm and Earfull humor.Minors ask your ma and pa for authorisation before reading!

GO GigaTube GO

If only these GigaTube systems were out when I was 9 or 10 years old.I would be king of the Boom Box.

Smile.gif

Hey wait a minute these are not pics of your GigaTubes! Are they not!!!cwm13.gif

Why dont you post a proof of purchase and a letter from the store manager where you purchased these as a testament to the fact you own these gorgeous High-Shelf GigaTubes!

Wink.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 09-25-2002 at 11:38 PM

TheEAR - I'll admit - that was funney as hell! Hey, I wonder if Tweeter will let me trade in my RF-7s and Denon so I can get one of those totally cool GigaTubes (Complete with a "Hyper-active Subwoofer Unit".)

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Naughty Naughty ears, (now where did I put that specially designed pod?, ah here it is)... Earz....oh Earz...., come heeerrrreeee...I have something for yoooou,

I'ts a a a , Its a HOSS II, (hee hee).

Justin -

What's the purpose of the periscope? Is this a submerssible unit?. Cool, can I play with it in the tub then?

But Ray, those look like a racing yachte, they look "nice"

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

I was looking at that exoticaudio.org site. It is truly amazing just how varied the choices (and range of prices) are in the audio world. There sure is some truly weird looking and expensive stuff out there! It does make me wonder, though. Just how much better does some of that really expensive and exotic stuff really sound compared to something like my comparativily humble Klipsch RF-7s?

very nice site, thanks for posting,

I often think that cone guys are going for many of the qualities that horn lvers take for granted, I wish half the manufactorers working on the problems of cones would work on the problems of horns ...

anyway, here is what I said about super-expensive systems:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/viewpoint/0902/deprecating.htm

"If a superb flat line response from 18Hz to 22kHz with two 600-watt amps and six tall towers of gorgeous sound simply sounds like more of the big yellow bus; then what should I be listening and paying attention to? Because the tall electronic marvels, with their punchy mid-bass line drivers, deep-bass sub-woofers and massively "built like bombers" amplifiers did deliver the goods, and in spades, too. This was sky-high satellite technology brought down from Olympus. A gift from the G-ds. Poor plebian me though... I just did not get it"

16.gif