newbie klipsch guy who needs opnion on upgrading bookshelf and center channel

248rayment4343

Hello name is ryan I'm a klipsch junkie! new to the forum and was having some trouble figuring out what I wanted to upgrade to.

this is what I have right know.

L/R - RF28'S

CENTER- R-25C

SUB- R10-SW

BOOK- R-15M

RECVIER- PIONEER SC-95 ELITE

TV - LG OLED 65 INCH THE BEST ONE WITH THE SPEAKER BAR ATTACHEMENT SORRY CANT REMEBER MODEL NUMBER

the reason I writing this is I recently found a deal I could not pass up on the RF-82 II and I bought 2 of them to replace the rf-28's

after I bought them I deicided it was time to upgrade the rest of the system.

right know I'm looking at these model's but having trouble debating which is the best one to buy. I'm looking for loud and powerful and clear

CENTER- RC-62 II OR RP-250C OR RC- 52 II 

BOOKSHELF- RB-61 II OR RB-81 II BUT I THINK THE 81'S MIGHT BE TO BIG FOR MY ROOM.

SUBWOOFER - R-112SW  AND THIS ONE IM LIKE 99.9 PERCENT SURE THIS IS THE SUB I SHOULD GET.

if any of you could recommend or have comments about which ones I should go with that would be great.

thank you very much for your time.

thanks for the info. I was just having trouble cause everything I could find on the reviews of the book shelfs were all great. so I thought about the 61's but then did not want to mess up by not getting the 81's. and the 81's are little big for my room. but I did not want to regret not spending the extra 150.00 for the better speakers.

and on the center channel the rc62 was just to big for my stand and cabinet but the rc52 and the rp250-c will both fit. so then I was gonna buy the 52 but did not want to make a mistake and find out down the road if I spent another 100 or so that I would have got better speaker.

thank you for your input!

Definitely stick with the same line. The rp series is a much better speaker, but the bright voicing of the reference II series won’t match across the fronts.

Also, come on now, you’re a klipschhead! We love the high spl and lifelike dynamics afforded by horn loaded speakers, no such thing as too big as long as you aren’t tripping over your gear!

Personally, outside of the r115sw, which is a monster even down into the infrasonic range, there are much better subs than the Klipsch. Look into hsu or svs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The 61 IIs and the RC 62 II. The mids and highs in the 61s are fantastic and the RC 62 is IMO the best centre channel speaker dollar per pound for the money period. Incredibly true and neutral, so much so that beleive it or not it works seamlessly (to my ears), with my Ohm Walsh Tall front mains.

edit: I replaced a pair of 61s that I used for almost five years with the Ohms. They are great especially if you are using a sub. Tuned right they sound as good a floor stander.

thanks for all the help and info!

I finally got the new speakers from ups today.

I went with the the RC-62 II FOR THE CENTER CHANNEL

also went with the RB- 61 II FOR THE NEW BOOKSHELF

NOW ALL I NEED TO DO IS UPGRADE THE SUBWOOFER WHICH I PLAN ON DOING THIS WEEK.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP AND INFO!!!!!!!!!

THE ONE LAST THING I NEED TO UPGRADE IS THE SUB. I WAS GONNA ORDER THE SW-115 THIS WEEK .

BUT THEN A COUPLE PEOPLE ON HERE AND SOME OTHER STUFF I HAVE READ OR BEEN TOLD IS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT SVS SUBS?

SO ONE MORE QUESTION?

FOR THE SET UP THAT I HAVE 

RECVIER- PIONEER SC-95 ELITE

TV - LG OLED 65 INCH THE BEST ONE WITH THE SPEAKER BAR ATTACHEMENT SORRY CANT REMEBER MODEL NUMBER

L/R - RF-82 II

CENTER- RC-62 II

BOOKSHELFS- RB-61 II

SUBWOOFER AS OF NOW - R10-SW

THE QUESTION I HAVE WOULD I BE BETTER OFF GOING WITH THE 115-SW FROM KLIPSCH OR SHOULD I CHECK OUT SVS SUB'S?

I HAVE NEVER OWNED A SVS SUB NOR DO I KNOW ANYONE WHO DOES. EVERYTHING I HAVE ALWAYS BOUGHT WAS KLIPSCH.

DOES IT MATTER IF I WENT WITH SVS WOULD IT MESS THE SOUND UP SINCE EVERYTHING ELSE IS KLIPSCH?

OR WITH SUBWOOFERS DOES IT NOT MATTER WHAT KIND OF SUB YOU USE?

SORRY IF THESE ARE STUPID NEWBIE QUESTIONS I JUST HAD MY MIND ON THE 115-SW BUT THEN WAS TOLD TO CHECK OUT SVS SUBS AND I STARTED SECOND GUESSING MYSELF IF I WAS DOING THE RIGHT THING OR SHOULD I CHECK OUT SVS?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY FEEDBACK OR INFO!

Though I have never heard the SW-115, it seems to have many fans here on this forum as well as elsewhere.

You really need to determine a budget for a sub and explore brands that offer models within that budget.  SVS, HSU, Velodyne, as well as Klipsch is a good place to start.

I would also look at the used market.

Bill