Crackling coming from the tweeter

Greg D

Hello,
So after a night of loud music i turned on my stereo to find my right tower speaker tweeter crackling but still working. It seems to come and go.

I did a little research and swapped the wires left to right and the speaker still crackled. I also swapped the bi-amp speakers from top to bottom and it still crackled.

Does this prove my tweeter is bad?

Is there anything more I can do?

My equipment:
Receiver - Denon AVR-X3300W (Setup in bi-amp mode)
Left & Right speakers - Klipsch R-26F
Center speaker - Klipsch R-25C
Subwoofer - Klipsch R-10SW

Edit: This system is only a month old. 

Edited by Greg D

Welcome, sounds like a blown tweeter. You could try to switch the crackling tweeter with the other speaker's tweeter.You might contact Klipsch or whoever the seller was (hopefully an authorized dealer) I've heard of them sending a replacement speaker and replacing it yourself. 

It could be from bi-amping, but that's another conversation.

Sounds more like the jumpers are loose to me. I have seen to many to count that were loose. But since your bi-amping I guess it could be tweeter. Switch the wires r to l and see if it stays with same speaker.

In my opinion your not gaining one thing with bi-amp but making it more prone to problems. 

You've done well troubleshooting, so far.  You need one more step.  Swap the tweeter to the other speaker to see if the crackle is the tweeter or crossover. 

As Rick said, check the jumpers/connections.

It is possible to heat a voice coil enough for it to unwrap and rub, but not open.  I think that's what you have done.  If so, you need a new diaphragm installed.