Has Anybody Heard from HornEd lately?

HDBRbuilder

I had been helping Ed with a computer virus issue a couple of weeks ago and he indicated that he was involved in a project that would keep him busy until sometime in October. I am also aware that he has had health problems in the last while so I am hoping that his abscence is related to his work with the Faire and not to his health. I will send him an email ASAP and see how he is doing.

Yeah, I knew he had been having some additional health problems, lately. I also knew he was gonna be involved in one of the Faires he so enjoys around this time and would be kinda "out of pocket" around here. And I knew that he had a run-in with a particularly bad puter virus a bit ago. I was just wondering if anyone had heard from him lately. I too hope he is doing better health-wise, and is otherwise busy instead of unable to checkin here due to his health!! Thanks, guys!!

Yes, Justin, I believe he does work in the print shop at the Faires! He and I both have that in common...we both grew up with printers ink under our fingernails!! LOL! We had a long telephone conversation a few months back about the "old type-setting days" of our younger years!! And he mentioned his owning a working replica of one of those old early screw presses.

I got an email from ED a few minutes ago. He has been playing at the Fairegrounds and unable to connect to the net. He still has problems with his health but manages to have fun anyway. I suspect he'll stick his nose in to say hello again soon.

hey & the Renaissance Fest is going on here in KC for a while. its a biggy. 16.gif

i have the honor of being the 1st to correspond w/ HE on this site a while back. still don't know if on that 1st post he asked a question or made a statement. think it was both. 9.gif

Wow, that's a lot of good words directed toward this old Klipsch reprobate! While it is great that Klipsch has given us an to get together on this Forum, what makes the Forum special is the kind of folks that are regulars here. There is more caring and sharing on this Forum than any other I have encountered since the 'net came into being so long ago. Thanks guys, I need a little cheering up once in a while to keep creeping along... but I guess that's what us creeps do best.

Yes, I have been staying at the Northern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire nearly all the time. I have a number of things that I am doing for the Faire manangement and quite a bit of consulting work with various vendors, players and assorted Faire Folk. This year, the Friends of Faire have asked me to do another photo shoot like the one I did last year. Pages two and three of the Friends of Faire Gallery are exclusively my photos with captions done in the computer font that I modeled after a scrap of writing attributed to Geoffrey Chaucer. You can find last year's photos at http://www.friendsoffaire.com/nocal/nocal.html and this years will not be posted until a month or so after the Faire closes in late October.

I have a limited supply of two for one adult tickets if any Forum Members would like to go. I also had some free tickets but they were only good for the first three weekends... and I didn't get a chance to post a notice. The way things are going I may be able to offer free tickets to Forum Members to several faires across the country. Oh, and Justin, I am afraid my health won't allow me to do TRF (Texas Renaissance Festival) this year. Oddly enough, I came very close to buying TRF a decade or so ago... but the owner backed out. Good thing for him, he now takes out $2.6 million a year in profit for himself and invests the rest in building a better faire. So, nowyou can see there is a little more potential in this RenFaire stuff than most people realize.

After years of having people in Faires across the country urge me to come out of retirement and put together an organizaiton to promote the educational value to communities that a well-run faire can bring... and also to provide a support network for vendors, playors and workers who work the faire circuits... I have decided to do just that. My attorneys are drawing up the corporate papers for one for-profit corporation and one not-for-profit corporation. I will be buinding a virtual Faire site on the Internet to serve as an information base for the general public and faire folk. There is a network of landed areas along IH-10 which will serve as wintering quarters with work available for faire folk belonging to the new organisation.

Of course, the thing I miss most in the motorhome (despite the speakers I bought from cluless) is those big Khorns in the music room and the Legends Theater making DVD's come alive... and then some! And, yes, Ears, I am in the process of designing a bigger bass tower that will be part of a travelling home theater... including the walls, roof and floor. It will be a projection based unit with the only really big and heavy things having the Klipsch logo on them... oh, yeah, and of course the custom Tower.

Looks like someone stole our Avatars while I was off in the hills. My new motorhome will have a satellite link to keep in touch with my Forum Friends... this being out of contact by cell phone and Internet is a big time drag... but with any luck... I'll do better next year.

I'll have to take one of my Renaissance photos and make a new HornEd avatar... hmm, maybe I can borrow a horned Viking hat and do it up right! In any event, travelling from faire to faire next year ought to give me an opportunity to meet some of you fine forum folk... and maybe even give you a chance to hear what kind of Klipsch gear I build into the travelling Klipsch Home Theater. The good Lord willing and the creek don't rise (when it does we are stuck at Faire this year) there will be more later. 1.gif HornEd

Hmm, I tried to modify the previous message but as hard as I tried to mash the Submit button... the new format would not submit to having my update printed. So, I'll add my comment here... it just gives a bit more direction into finding my photos on the Friends of Faire website:

You can find last year's photos at http://www.friendsoffaire.com/nocal/nocal.html and this years will not be posted until a month or so after the Faire closes in late October. When you get to the location, click on Gallery... and then check out the second and third pages for 2001 and those are my photos.

The photo of "Mother Hilda and Ned the Scribner" is actually that of my 94 year-old mother as the Faire's oldest participant (which means she had to go to classes in Elizabethan "faire speak" and many other subjects to qualify. She is the subject of many of the photos. Sadly she is not at this faire because I am not well enough to care for her. Hopefully, there will be another faire. As Ned the Scribner, I enjoyed my first faire as a peasant, having been either a noble or a well-to-do merchant at most faires. Frankly, I think peasants can have more fun... and make more mischief! So, I am a peasant again this year.

With all the new stuff I'm trying to do, maybe I am going to have to contact that heavy lifting Heritage speaker builder and my hero, Q-man, to get some more ideas on having a great representation of Klipsch speakers in the field next year. -HornEd

PS: Yeah, there has been at least one visit to the hospital in the boondocks... but if I can just remind myself to creep a bit more... maybe I can share a few photos and adventures as I Klipsch out into the unknown. H.E.

Glad to hear your doing ok HEd,

I haven't been around much(now and then), but I look forward to your posts and insight.

Stay Well my friend, time to cut back the work load eh...let me know when the retirement

party takes place, would love to attend.

*cheers*

PS. They stole my Santa...*UGH****

Yeah, Boomer, I understand the pain... I lost my fake HornEd Viking Helmet. I say "fake" because there is no record of Vikings ever wearing a metal helmet with horns... but some predecessors of the Vikings may have. Maybe you can borrow my white beard... kids in the supermarket sometimes stare at my 260 lb frame and wonder if I could be Santa off duty. I always tell them to mind there mother... and then they think they have had a real experience.

Now I'll have to say ask the real Santa Boomer to bring you a Klipsch! -HornEd

PS: I look to be more active again after October. I miss you all... and especially the task of finding insights (and center channels)that really work. -H.E.