Why My RF-63's Are Going Nowhere

willland

32 minutes ago, BernardLVH said:

But if you get a chance to visit HuaQiangBei in ShenZhen you’ll find electronics heaven. Absolutely anything you can think of that’s electronic comes from here.

How are the prices?  High, low, or about market price?

8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

How are the prices?  High, low, or about market price?

For quality brand name stuff you pay a premium here. About 25% more than in the USA. So when I buy speakers here after a good discount I pay your MSRP price. So buying the higher end stuff here is tough. Can’t help but feel I’m paying too much. For example I ordered a new RC 64III and I’ll be paying about $2000 for it after a 20% discount. Price is guesstimate as they’re not exactly sure because it won’t be available until next month here. Stuff might be made here but it’s still sold at a premium here.  Sales tax is about 17% and is included in the price. Also the RC 64 is an import so additional taxes and shipping may apply. 

Used to love my Yamaha CA-800 I bought in 1976 (the versions from which the new versions are modeled after).  Based on the reviews about the A-S1000 being very rich sounding and tame on the highs, it would be a perfect match for Klipsch speakers.  Matched with the 63s, sounds like something I'd like to hear.

• 2 weeks later...
I have noticed afew say they would rather have the rf63 over the rp280f speakers. What are the differences in sound and do any feel its the other way around sound wise. Just wonder what the 63 does that the 280 doesn't? Also who has heard both.

The 63/83 were the top of the RF line at the time. They use a true 1.25" compression driver vs a horn loaded dome for the RP line. A well-executed compression driver is something special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk