RF-82 IIs were a bit bright but I fixed it....

Boilermaker86

1 hour ago, Terry Palmer said:

You never did say how you fixed the highs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if you're being funny or didn't notice. He fixed the highs on the RF82lls buy buying RF7lls. A few didn't catch it at first, it did solve his problem.

Nice speakers Boliermaker, all of them. Pretty big jump, even got the 64. You can probably knock some ornaments off the tree if you wanted :D

Congrats.....Merry Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Terry Palmer said:

You never did say how you fixed the highs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ceptorman is right that is exactly what I did. 

If you want some suggestions, here are some things I did to make the highs better:

I noticed that when the left speaker was close to the wall, the problem was worse. So I played with the distance from the left wall and the angle to I got something I liked. 

I played around with the distance from the back wall. Since it is rear ported, it really makes a difference. Too close and it sounds boomy, too far it seems like not enough base. I had to play around until I got it just right. 

Last, I ran all 8 poisons on audyssee. This made a big difference and seemed to set everything perfectly. I noticed if I used stereo to listen to music which had the front two speakers, subwoofer, and audysee turned on, it sounded a bit boomy like watching a movie. I switched to using pure audio for music and the helped with the brightness.  I feel some of the brightness on music was with the audysee. 

Ultamtely, I just liked the look of the RF-7 IIs and was hearing great things about the quality of the components. It really does seem to fill the space much better, I’m listening at lower volumes and it sounds fantastic. Even at low volumes, the two 10” woofers with the Onkyo have a great kick to it. It seems like the horn in the 7IIs is much more smooth and a lot more pleasant to listen to. 

9 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

They look great with the wood veneer, congrats.

Thank you. It’s taking me a bit of time to get used to the color. I thought they would have more of a red tint to it. I was able to get A grade speakers and didn’t see a flaw with them. Depending how I take the pictures I can get the red to show. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

They look great with the wood veneer, congrats.

That's the first thing I noticed was how nice the wood  and color looked, very nice. 

4 hours ago, Boilermaker86 said:

Ultamtely, I just liked the look of the RF-7 IIs and was hearing great things about the quality of the components. It really does seem to fill the space much better, I’m listening at lower volumes and it sounds fantastic. Even at low volumes, the two 10” woofers with the Onkyo have a great kick to it. It seems like the horn in the 7IIs is much more smooth and a lot more pleasant to listen to. 

Sounds like a good choice all the way around, to me it's most important how well a speaker sounds at low volumes, it's how we listen most of the time, kind of background music all day. But there are times when you just want more and it should do this well also, glad you're liking them. :emotion-21:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boilermaker86 said:

Thank you. It’s taking me a bit of time to get used to the color. I thought they would have more of a red tint to it. I was able to get A grade speakers and didn’t see a flaw with them. Depending how I take the pictures I can get the red to show. 

They look pretty damn good. That colour will work well with any wooden furniture you add to the room down the road.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say I’m so far impressed with these beasts. I re-ran audyssey and it is amazing. The sound field is incredible. Bass is plentiful and tight. Sound seems like it is coming from the walls with the 4 RF-52 IIs. I can’t believe how good audyssey matched the front to the surrounds. I can turn these at higher volumes and it is still pleasant to listen to. Plus, they look great with the Christmas tree.

CEA2E070-0CDE-4F7A-92DB-C55C7D2DA7DF.jpeg