Crutchfield: $50 of all speakers, EXCEPT BO$E!!!

kenratboy

I agree with ya Ken. When I worked for an audio store some years ago Bose had a very strict pricing schedule. Bose was NEVER on sale unless the factory authorized it. And when they did all the store in that area had the SAME sale at the SAME price at the SAME time. Usually the sale was just a mail in rebate though. I wonder if Bose ever paid for co-op advertising....probably not.7.gif

I noticed that around here. I got alot of exclusive deals and discounts through Tweeter since I bought so much stuff there. Nearly all of the advertising flyers and such says things like "discount does not apply for Bose products" Same thing with the Best Buy and Circuit City flyers. These discounts apply to everything in store except Bose.

Bose Blose - Got Klipsch?

What I don't understand is that Sears, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. ARE why Bose is what they are. Why don't the stors dictate to Bose how they will be worked with.

I mean, business is business, so what is the big deal for Bose, maybe it is just that Bose sells SOOO well, stored don't mind playing by Bose's rules because they are making bank anyway.

i know a guy there, kevin, who has been pushing to try and get klipsch there for a few years now. he and i had long conversations (via email and phone) about getting home theater stuff, trying to the best dvd player for the money. they are REALLY great ppl over there, helped me install a new sound system for my brother in his car as a surprise for his birthday. (some one stole his speakers and cd player out of the car, as well as his b-day okley's from me the year before...)

he did not like bose either, and even dared to NOT push it haha.

But there is a little difference between Krell and Bose.

Bose is Ford

Krell is Ferrari

Eventhough Ferrari makes a TON of money off of one car, they don't sell a lot and they have HUGE production/development costs.

Ford can sell stuff cheap because they have millions of cars rolling off the lot yearly.

That is the difference.

DOH

Krell is a BMW M5 and B0$E is a Trabant. 2.gif

There is no comparison,Krell products sell very well at the prices they are proposed,and YES you can get a deal on Krell,Mark Levinson and Jeff Rowland amps and preamps.If the audio shop knows you well and you are a regular there you will get a deal,not a huge deal but you can save a few $1000 on larger products.

I get good deals all the time when I buy new gear,the store salesman anmd owners know me well.I can borrow things,listen.I like ,I buy.I dont like I bring back.

Oh yes back to B0$e,B0$e should make toilets and not speakers.When I hear B0$e I have a violent urge to get the crap out in a hurry. 3.gif