Recommendations on a 3 channel amp

calhockey10

On January 6, 2018 at 9:12 AM, calhockey10 said:

I found an acurus but it is only a 100x3 and in chicago but only $155.  I talked the guy down on the adcom 6000 to $225 but I may hold off and just keep looking.  My knowledge is very limited when it comes to separates. 

There is an Acurus A100x3 currently on AudioGon, looks like a small dealer in NYC. Seems hi at $699. Ain't mine, just saw it glancing through AGon -- 

3 hours ago, richieb said:

There is an Acurus A100x3 currently on AudioGon, looks like a small dealer in NYC. Seems hi at $699. Ain't mine, just saw it glancing through AGon -- 

It is quite high.  Though a very nice amp, I did not pay anywhere near that for my A200X3.

The amp in the Audiogon ad is the first generation 100X3 and not the A100X3.  IMO, tops $300.00 for mint condition.

Bill

This is mild thread drift, but still relevant.

Why is it that nobody, ever, recommends an Inuke, such as the Inuke 3000?  It is rated at 315 watts into 8 Ohms, Class D power from 20 Hz to 20 Khz.  They are wildly popular as sub amps but I've never understood why these aren't used as power amps for L/R or as an low frequency amp for L/R bi-amped.

EDIT:  After reading Mr. @Arrow#422's post directly under this one, I decided my question was too much thread drift for Mr. @calhockey10's topic so I started a new thread.  Please respond to my comments on the Inuke HERE:

21 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

Note though that OP was specifically looking for 3 channel power recommendations.

You're right.  I thought about that, and I worried this might not be the best place for that question.

Thanks @Arrow#422, I think your comment was right on target so I started a new thread.

• Like 1