Shipping speakers

Dave A

Moderator if this is in the wrong place please move it to the right one.

I sell speakers on occasion on EBay. Right now I have a pair of Forte II's and people pester the heck out of me to ship them. I have refused to do so because of the hassle of finding safe shipping boxes and shippers and also I prefer people listen to them in person to make sure they are what I said they were. That way if they don't like them, which has never happened, I can refund the money on the spot. Does anyone here have experience shipping and have recommendations? My preference is to just say sorry no shipping.

10 minutes ago, Dave A said:

My preference is to just say sorry no shipping.

Then just do that.

I did ship a pair of Fortes to a forum member in the Ukraine but they were wrapped, padded, crated, etc. first.  Buyer paid($$$) for all and had another forum member arrange shipment through freight forwarder in Elizabeth, NJ.

60+ days later and the Fortes arrived in condition as shipped, perfect.

I say list on Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Birmingham, Memphis, Craigslists and agree to deliver or 1/2 deliver.  Insist on phone call and much dialog to help ensure legitimacy of buyer.

Bill

I shipped Quartets and bought panels of 1" foam insulation boards.  Cut to size and doubled up so 2" thick all around.  Bought cardboard boxes, placed one over the top and the other on the bottom and taped them around the middle.  Zero issues.

You could also bring to UPS or FedEx and have them pack and ship them.  It's in them if anything is damaged in shipping then.

44 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

freight is the only way to fly.  

I think so to. I just shipped a center channel to Ca and at 27 pounds it was $54.18 dollars worth of overcharging

from UPS. Every package I received from FedEx in the last two months has been crushed in and I guess they look for gorillas to hire. I had a $150.00 plus packaging quote given to me for two KP-250's and two KP-115's and two KP-101's from a Fastenal in Wi to a Fastenal near me in Tn. I just don't know how careful they are with shipments. You could always move to Nashville and then I would have a source of good boxes ;D .