Red Dragon

justin_tx_16

how about a guy getting his face eaten off (his tongue really) and then lit on fire, while glued to a wheel chair, and then rolled down a hill back into town, still alive, on fire., then he crashes into a curb and dies.

how about a family of four (two families actually) that are murdered, blood everwhere, the eyes taken out and glass put inplace, mirrors actually.

how about hannibal serving his symphony guests one of the symphony flute players (or clarinet, small instrument, wind, that is what i infered).

yes, there are some gruesome parts.

don't worry, i did not ruin the movie at all with this stuff, it all happens w/ in the frist 15 minutes, 90% of it does.

i saw red dragon last night and i regret it. don't get me wrong, it was great and all but i think i would have enjoyed it more at home. the greatest thing about the movie was that it had two psychos in it. hannibal was his usual frightening yet likeable self, while the other guy was very scary and as the movie goes on i couldn't believe how psycho he really was. actually i think i will enjoy it more the second time, when i buy it on dvd.

its not a big screen movie. its a stay at home, close the lights, and let yourself be taken in their world kind of movie. i can't remember silence of the lambs. actually i am not even sure if i ever really ever saw it, but i think it (RED DRAGON) was better than hannibal.

- My 2 CentS - Jalen01<-----Bigtime Movie Buff\ Self Proclaimed Movie Critic

IMO, Silence of the Lambs was a instant classic. It belongs right up there with likes of The Exorcist & The Shinning. A Definite Must see!!!

Hannabal Did get dry in a few spots. But, it's still a pretty good Chiller in it's own right. Also Pretty Gross.

Hannabal was the only other movie that had me nauseous (sp?) as I was leaving the Theater.14.gif (The first was the Original "Texas Chain Saw Massacre" that I saw Back in my pre-teen years).

I've yet to see Red Dragon. But, if it's anywhere near as good as the first two? Then it will be a most welcome addition to my collection. Well, You Gotta have the set! LOl

J

I need to get up to speed with this title .Obviously this is the movie of the first book of the Thomas Harris series of his Hannibal Lecter thrillers. Is this not a remake of the Manhunter movie with Tom Noonan as the killer and William Peterson as the FBI agent ? I was reminded of it while I was watching the Pledge . Noonan plays the part of the suspected killer with Jack Nicholson in that one.