Klipsch Epic CF4's V2 (South Arkansas) SOLD

rockhound

I looked at your pictures carefully and that horn (in the other pics you linked to) looks awfully gray, like the v1, and not black like the v2 and v3.  I'm sure you've checked, but I take it the ports are 2.5 inches long and not 5.5"? 

My v1 s/n is 251 49 9124,  Day 251 of 1994, yours are Day 300, only a few months older than mine.

I also looked at the finish.  I don't know what stain you would need for the Cherry finish, but mine were in worse shape and with some light sanding and some time those will clean up really nicely.

Dave's CF-4, Med Oak finish, Before:

CF4-1 L side day 1.JPG

Dave's CF-4, After:

IMG_3765.JPG

Dave - yessir it was me. My mom lives probably fifteen miles from rockhound, so he dropped them off and received payment from her; she's so sweet, still taking care of her baby boy to this day!

Sad part it is, I will not get to see or hear them until Pilgrimage week, when I go to visit her for Mother's Day, and attend the festivities of course. I am really pumped about getting these; the rough finish did not discourage me one bit because I am definitely sound quality first. I do plan to try and clean them up with my limited skills, and probably get them refinished if I decide to keep them long-term.

Thanks for the link to the Owner's Group. I will be busy studying that in the next few weeks. I will also be interested in the stand/riser that many have talked about to get the horn up to ear level. I can relate to that theory; that is what I do with my Heresys and it takes them to another level sonically; to my ears they remain one of the most musical speakers I have heard to date...not the grandest in sound, but very musical.

Rick