Removing networks RB-75

flatgrass

I am thinking about having my networks refreshed and before I start out I was wondering if anyone has removed the crossover from a RB-75.  I was curious if everything can be done from the terminal cup, or if it is similar to a RF-7 where you need to remove the low frequency driver to facilitate disconnecting leads.

Thanks--

3 hours ago, flatgrass said:

I am thinking about having my networks refreshed

Your RB-75 is not one of those Klipsch speakers which needs the network refreshed.  There are no components which are known to go bad or lose their potency over time.

You have one of the very best bookshelf speakers Klipsch has ever made.  Unless there is a very specific problem you are hearing that needs to be fixed I would not mess with the crossover.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sometimes a part is old and beginning to fail, and you should replace it. When you replace it, you have a choice of using a part like the old part, or using a part that is better built. Sometimes there is nothing "wrong" with the part at all (like in this case), but you may still opt to use a better part.

All of the older Reference stuff uses epoxy coated ovals in series with the horn, while the newer stuff uses Mylars. All resistors are sandcast. I'm personally not a big fan of any of these parts.

• Thanks 1