This is getting ridiculous!

skonopa

Oh no. Another one of them threads.

Did the police ever say anything more about the tarot card found with the following:

"Dear Police.I am God."

What I find odd about the "note" is that the majority of Americans, whose first language is English -- wouldn't in all likelihood say, "Dear Police".

At any rate, .223 cartridge is probably either an AR-15 or Mini 14. With a scope, he's good out to 300 yards.

Stay clear of areas adjacent to open spaces.

I'm afraid things are just gonna keep gettin' worse and worse; especially for us folks in the good ol' USA, seeing as how a large percentage of the worlds population would just love to see us ALL dead.

This sniper may not be an Al-Qaida goon, but I'd almost wager he is at least sympathetic to them.

I too, hope he/they are caught soon. And like has been mentioned before in this thread, justice should be meted out swiftly on his murderous carcass. Show him the same mercy he's showed his innocent victims. And do it on public TV for the whole world to see. And none of this lethal injection crap. Hang the bastards ***.

Krap, my dad's company is based in Reston, and I am getting worried, he will be going back in a few weeks 8.gif

But, the plain truth is that the odds of getting it are slim to none, so it's not like he has killed 10,000 people. There are probably 5-10,000,000 people in that entire area, so 11 people, the odds are not horrible.

I am beginning to wonder if this guy may be able to spend some time doing this. I mean, if he hasn't got caught so far, maybe he is a bit smarter than we think. I hope it is luck and he gets nailed soon.

I was waiting for this guy to nail some people on Sunday as they were leaving church. I guess he needed the weekend off, that could almost be a game, killing on Mon-Fri, and taking the weekend off. Who knows. Hopefully he won't get to take another weekend off, if you know what I mean 2.gif

Oh well, I am still mentally prepaired to turn on the news anyday and find out that a Philly or Chicago has been nuked. It could be SO much worse I guess...

Ken---Of course this killer has legal rights, presumabley he's an American citizen and as such he has certain rights. That's the law. You're denying it doesn't make it so.

It's during times like this that we most need to keep our heads and protect the legal rights that our honored forefathers gained for us in rivers of blood at Long Island, Brandywine, Oriskany and Blue Licks. The fear and inconvenience you may feel is as nothing to the sacrifices of the Continentals bayoneted in their bedrolls by the ferocious British light infantry at Paoli or of the men who persevered through the horrible winters at Valley Forge and Morristown. So be cool.

Hey TBrennan! You hear that "SWOOOOCHING" sound? Well, that's your post going over the heads of a lot of forum readers. Most folks have a hard enough time knowing when and where D-Day took place much less Brandywine, Valley Forge or Yorktown.

If there isn't a movie on the subject matter then you're wasting your time.

Of course, we all know that Japanese Zero's, illustrated in "Pearl Harbor", really do maneuver like Star Wars TIE fighters.

... or that Mel Gibson was the savior of the American Revolution.

"It's during times like this that we most need to keep our heads..."

Bad choice of words Tom:)

Now Ranger, I'm no history expert, but context clearly showed that these were places men gave up the ghost for the advacement of freedom. Uh...did I guess right? BTW - the Mitsubishi Zero was a hell of an aircraft.

Kenratboy's thinking frightens me a little:

"But, the plain truth is that the odds of getting it are slim to none, so it's not like he has killed 10,000 people. There are probably 5-10,000,000 people in that entire area, so 11 people, the odds are not horrible."

Hmmm. I'm sure those 11 people would have pretty much thought the same thing before it started. Once he scopes you in, the stats don't mean very much.

The other part of "odds" is "probability". Since we can't filter the factors being used by the killer, it's pretty much impossible to come up with real odds. For example: gas pumpers appear to be at higher risk than people that come out of Mcdonald's every day.

If I give you a box of guns and tell you there is "only one bullet in there" -- how comfortable do you feel randomly taking one of the box, pointing it at your head, and pulling the trigger? I mean, the odds are real good you won't blow your head off:)

m00n said:

Hey Skon...

How ya hanging in there buddy? I see yet another shooting tonight. Damn, this guy is pure evil.

Yeah, I know. My heart sank as soon as I looked at this morning's paper. Falls Church is about 30 miles north of here. I have been up there numerous times. This is complete and utter BS. For chrissakes, it happened right in front of this womens husband! They were most likely picking stuff up for thier new place. There was an article that indicated she and her husband were in the process of moving into a new place.

Kenratboy said:

I am beginning to wonder if this guy may be able to spend some time doing this. I mean, if he hasn't got caught so far, maybe he is a bit smarter than we think. I hope it is luck and he gets nailed soon.

There has been a blurb in the local news that said the prosectors will be seeking the death penalty when (not if, when) this guy gets caught.

Also about the odds and all. I did think of this also. However, in the local paper, a school teacher said that "You are more likely to get struck by lightening, but why stand still if lightening is striking". Yeah, the odds are very small you'll be the "unlucky" one, but I am doing things to make it even less likely I'll be target, such as shielding myself between my car and a piller, keeping a car door open to hide behind, while pumping gas; keeping the car windows rolled up while sitting at stop lights; walking a serpentine path, staying between parked cars while walking up to a store; and so forth.

I have a strong feeling that this s.o.b will be nailed by TG day, unfortunatly, just how many more innocent lives will be lost before he finally does get his due.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like the SOBs may have finally been caught! I pray to the good Lord above that is the case. There is speculation that these guys were sympathetic to terrorist that cause the 9/11 disaster, although not Al-Quiada(sp) themselves.

Thanks for your prayers and support. I also cannot thank the law-enforcment folks enough. There have been local police officers and debuties working 16-hour shifts. For the past week or so, there has always been a patrol car from one of the local law enforcment agencies stationed at the top of every exit to the interstate in this area. These guys/gals are truly heroes in my eyes.

Lets us not forget the victims and thier families. My prayers have been and will always be with them. These were truly innocent people that just where "in the wrong place at the wrong time".

BTW, this last saturday, I was near Ashland (at Paramount's Kings Dominion), a mere 1/2 hour away from here in Fredericksburg. I have eaten at that very Ponderosa on many occasions, which is only 6 miles away from PKD. They were not letting anybody leave the parking lot of the park. They where making anybody that did to return. Me and my friends ended up having to stay overnight (got lucky to get a couple rooms at the Best Western right there). You would not believe all the helicopters and police and everything that was around!

Again, thanks for your prayers and supports. We can only hope this horrible episode is finally over.

Does Virginia have the death penalty? Oh yes indeedy! In fact Virginia is second only to Texas in the number of executions performed. Also the 4th district appellate court is one of the most consevative courts in the nation and are known to readily let the death penalty stand. It has already been indicated that the death penalty to both subspects, yes that includes the 17 year old, will be sought by the prosecution.

Also, the gun recovered from the car has been matched to the bullets and shell cases recovered. God, it is finally over! I just hope that somebody else does not decide to get an idea.

To give you an idea of just how rampant fear in this area was running - rest of the soccer games have been canceled. Numurous other sports games have also been cancelled. Schools have been closed in Richmond for two days. A resolution has been passed in my county that there will be no trick-or-treating this year. Just about every business in the area, especially the ones near the interstate were practically empty. Nobody was going to any of the local pumpkin patches, and the list goes on. That was practially the only thing people where talking about around here where the shootings.

GREAT NEWS, I JUST SAW ON TV THAT THEY HAVE 2 MEN IN CUSTODY. Hopefully they got the right freaks. I would let the families of the people who got shot each get a shot at this guy with a 22 or some sort of a weaker rifle. No head shots. This way the @ucking bastard suffers and then let him rot.

Well Scon, looks like you may be able to rest easier now they have confirmed a match match to the gun that was in their car...

What ever the sentance is for them, I hope in involves a lot of pain, agony and is very lengthy. VERY lengthy. Months lengthy. Public display and lengthy.

If you think about putting these guys in a regular prison would probably be the worst for them. Put em' in general population. They wouldn't last long, probably wouldn't even be alive long enough for a good a$$ rapin'.

Thank god it's over. I hope everyone in that area will rest easier now. I'm sure you guys in that area have a new appreciation for your life and the freedoms we have to go and do whatever you want whenever you want without feeling threatened.

Just think about living over in the middle east, having to go through that kind of feeling everyday, never knowing whats going to happen, and for them it has become just a way of life. Not a supporter in any way of the towelheads over there that follow Bin Laden/Al Kida/Hussein but what about all the poor bastards that just can't do anything about it that live there? Half are so afraid they voted Hussien back in office agian, the other half have been brainwashed into thinking that what they are trying to do is good. I mean they know they could be wiped from exisitence in a moments notice by US, yet they are just buying whatever time they can.

I remember when we used to be afraid of what Russia might do(Cold War Era), but at least then we knew that they would make rational decisions when it came to war, nuclear weapons, etc. and if the **** was going to hit the fan it wasn't going to last long. Now only God knows what is in store for everyone.

May god be with all of us.

Just so yu know I am not a big news watcher, just to much bad stuff going on all over the world and it's depressing.

EJ