This is getting ridiculous!

skonopa

I know this has nothing to do with audio but I just want to vent to people here I consider friends. I am getting terrified!8.gif No doubt you may have seen the news about the sniper shootings in and around the D.C. area. The one (the lady in front of a Michaels craft store) that occured last friday was less than 1/2 mile from where I live. I shop at that mall all the time. Now this morning somebody just a mere 5 miles away from home was shot at an Exxon while filling his car. I just live right off the friggan interstate in the kind of area that has been (for the most part) consistantly targeted by this sniper.

It is pretty disheartening when you see footage on CNN and immediatly recognize the area and some of the people in the video.

It is not right when I cannot even do something like stop at a gas station without fearing for my life now. I may now just have to start getting gas and doing my grocery shopping right here at work, at least that is in a secured area.

I can only hope and pray that this @$$hole that is doing this will get caught and soon. The people are literly running scared around here and who knows who'll be the next one.

I just simply ask for your prayers in this matter.

Thanks.

I, too, hope he is caught soon. Be careful going on there...

My American History class is scheduled to go to DC here soon... just a few weeks. If he is not caught, I don't want to think about what he might think about this group of students. Scary thought. I just don't understand people's reasoning sometimes... What would posses someone to do this... Anger, sure, but don't kill people cause you are mad...

The guy that got killed at the gas station works for the same company as me. We have both been here for 20 years but I never met his as he worked in a different office. I now do my work from Florida, but I still have 2 sisters and many neices and nephews in the area. I can't wait till they catch this guy. He is definitely one of the sickest people on the planet...

Mike

Definitely a scary situation particularly for anybody living in that area. I think you are wise to avoid doing business in your neighbourhood until this bastard is nailed or he moves on to terrorize some other district.

It's frightening to think that a peaceful citizen has to think twice about whether he should get out of his vehicle in broad daylight. Be careful out there Steve!

I tell you, that ****e scares me a whole hellova lot more than terrorist attacks. I mean, I live on the West Coast, but it could happen anywhere. As for the media, it is a balance between people needing to know and safety, etc. I wonder how lucky he is going to get, could you imagine this guy doing this for another MONTH? Stay safe!

Honest question: Are all his victims black? I know some are, but I just never heard about the others and I was wondering if he was targeting black people.

No, his victims aren't all black. At the present moment, all seem fair game - young, old, white, black, male, female.

Also, this is terrorism. Domestic or international, it's all the same. Only the agendas are different. Look at what it is doing to this part of the country. Most people are afraid and apprehensive to fill their car up with gas or get a loaf of bread. Also, don't be so quick to assume it's some local yokel pissed off at the world or "getting off" with his 15 minutes of fame. This could be linked with events happening over in the Mideast. I doubt it, but the close proximity of the attacks from the capital and its selection of random targets make it such that it seriously has to be considered.

OK, I got the implication from the news that they might have been hiding race for some reason, they mentioned age, sex, etc., but I never heard about race.

Yes, just a loony on the loose. Not a good thing. At least you can reason/predict a sone person, even if they have/are doing sick stuff, but a loony is a time bomb.

For some sick reason, I think this guy might be lucky and get off another few kills. No sketch, narrowed down to like 20,000 vehicals, no leads. If he can escape before he is seen, he could do this forever. But, either he will got caught eventually or something else.

Becides taking all the precautions you can, I guess you can just hope he gets nailed or whatever.

I bet there are a lot of cars with empty tanks because people won't go to the gas station. Imagine what gas station attendants are thinking about now!!!

This is a smart sick game for someone who has forfitted their membership in the human race. I hope he or she is dispatched by the athorities during aprehension if caught red handed, and soon.

I have many relatives that work in prisons in a small Michigan town. Felons who commit rape and murder are far more likely to revisit their carreer path than to rehabilitate. And they will openly boast to prison guards their plans for when they are released from prison, the most vocal are the child rapists.

At 42 I am getting impatient with the passive nature of society to tolerate evil.

Swift and public execution may be deemed barbaric by some. And not a deterent for all criminals. But far less barbaric than the evil soul killing these innocent citizens.

to tell you the truth, I think that the sniping is far more effective in causing fear than the 9-11 attacks were. Most people don't live by thousand foot tall buildings, but everyone lives by someone who could potentialy commit murder if they got pushed just too far. The person behind the gun seems to have had alot of training. Regular people aren't that good with a rifle.

Re: "Swift and Public Execution"

Killers of this type crave attention - Therefore killing this sicko in public would serve only to remove him/her as a threat but unfortunately would also encourage the umpteen other like - minded losers to do the same in order to gain Their 15 minutes of fame.

In any event given that a significant number of "Death Row" inmates in the US have been released in the past few years, ( +/- 300 cases ) because it had been shown that they had not committed the crimes for which they had been arrested/tried/convicted and condemned - I get more than a little nervous about the "Hang Them All and Let The Angels Sort Them Out" attitude so prevalent in your country ,(and here in Canada for that matter).

I cannot claim to have any absolute answers but I am compelled to note that although the US has about 10 times the population of my country, the US has a firearms murder rate about 30 times higher. Maybe there is something to be said for Gun Control after all!

That said - I hope that this maniac gets his butt blown into the next county before he/she kills another innocent.

This is beyond insanity - this is just plain evil - no "ifs", "ands", or "buts" about it.

The killer (I won't even call him a sniper - any tom, dick, or harry with a little practice can hit a man sized target with a bolt action rifle from 150 yards away.) has targeted just about anyone that presented an oppurtune target, regardless of demographic. The lady that was shot less than 1/2 mile from here was white. The guy that was just killed this morning, they say was a black man from Philidelphia, PA. Probably just stopped off the interstate to gas up his vehicle - only if he had just gone up one more exit, but the killer would have just shot somebody else 8.gif.

There has also been at least one Indian (as in from India - a taxi driver) that was shot while filling up his mini-van. I believe the lady that was shot while sitting on a bench in front of a post office was hispanic. The 13 year old boy that was shot for making the "mistake" of showing up for school was black, and the guy that was killed on Wendnesday in Manassas was white. There is a link on the CNN website that has the whole list of victims.

Thanks for your prayers. I was not looking for any sympathy or anything like that, just that this whole thing has me scared. Believe me this community can use all the prayers it can get. What next? Will this dude start shooting people that are just simply sitting in thier cars at stop lights? Will he try to shoot the fast-food clerk that is seving a customer through the drive-through window? Will he try to shoot someobdy that is simply sitting in thier living room watching TV that he sees silouetted in a window?

As about keeping a low profile and such, believe me, I have been as well as most folks here. People are now starting to park at gas stations to try to sheild them selves between the car and the pumps, crouching behind an open car door while pumping gas. However, I still do have to live my life. I still need to go to work and such. I just cannot simply stay caged in my house, and bury my head in a pillow hoping all the big bad meanys of world goes away.

All I can do is keep my eyes out for any suspsicous activity and pray and hope. It is not a matter of "if", it is a matter of "when" this sonova***** gets nailed. I just hope before another innocent person gets shot for doing something as "hideous" as pumping gas, putting bags of groceries in ther truck, or withdrawing money from an ATM.

Audio Flynn: Hang him high!!! I bet no less than 80% of the people in this forum would agree to that. We should also do it in DC, make a public event out of it. I mean, as far as I am concerned, he has NO human rights, NO legal rights, etc. He is slime and deserved a goob (as in bad) death for what he has done.

I am more fearful from this stuff than I was after 9/11. I actually understood what and why 9/11 happened (and that we need to SLAUGHTER all that are responsible), but this is just BS! No reason, just a single persons desire to "play"

If this happened in Reno (crossing fingers it doesn't!!!), I would be scared ****less. Not as much for myself, but for family and friends.

Krap! Imagine if a bunch of copycats start to follow suit across the nation 6.gif , that would be worse than Al-Queda could do!!! 11.gif

Anyway, again, let's hope they catch this guy before he hits 10 fatalities!!!

I say off with his head. That seeems like the worst way to go, considering the average time of staying alive after seperation is over 10 seconds, and up to 30 seconds. So he would enjoy a nice long roll on the ground, with people kicking his head aboutl ike a soccer ball.

I may be a bit abrasive but I just get tired of the social scientists pontificating that these evil people were treated poorly as children or some other drivel and therefore they are justified in what they have done to maim and kill others.

A person I know since childhood was beaten severely on a daily basis by their parents and is now much later in life a well respected school teacher in the community.

This individual never needed or asked for an excuse for their behavior due to their environment.

Humans know right from wrong; they choose wrong, and must embrace the consequences.