WTB. SET 45 stereo or monos, Anyone ?

joessportster

33 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Cary CAD45SE on there way to there new home, now if fedex doesnt destroy them  Fingers crossed :emotion-21:

Congrats, you sure have been moving things around a bit lately. Hope you find Nirvana...I think you already are part way there with the full range drivers ;) Keep us posted on the sound. Good luck with FedEx.

30 minutes ago, rplace said:

Congrats, you sure have been moving things around a bit lately. Hope you find Nirvana...I think you already are part way there with the full range drivers ;) Keep us posted on the sound. Good luck with FedEx.

--- Hope you find Nirvana? With audio? Oh Rich, you are such a funny, funny man. 

Just now, richieb said:

--- Hope you find Nirvana? With audio? Oh Rich, you are such a funny, funny man. 

I'm here all week, don't forget to tip your wait staff and try the veal! :D Joe and I both recently purchased Audio Nirvana drivers for speaker projects. I figured that would make him smile.

1 minute ago, rplace said:

I'm here all week, don't forget to tip your wait staff and try the veal! :D Joe and I both recently purchased Audio Nirvana drivers for speaker projects. I figured that would make him smile.

-- I too looked for "nirvana" with single driver speakers, twice. So now I'm staring into the abyss of the 402 sitting atop a double 12" bass bin. And I'm not too sure it ends there --?! And yes, I tip well, 25% on good service and a reasonable floor show. Don't let us down ----

1 minute ago, richieb said:

-- I too looked for "nirvana" with single driver speakers, twice. So now I'm staring into the abyss of the 402 sitting atop a double 12" bass bin. And I'm not too sure it ends there --?! And yes, I tip well, 25% on good service and a reasonable floor show. Don't let us down ----

Doors at 8:00. Show starts as 9:00.

I'm not quite to single driver like Joe is. I'm trying to be like you with a 2-way system. Pretty sure yours is passive. I'm playing around with the active thing. Lots to learn but fun so far. I feel like I am back in my child hood bedroom with a EQ having tons of sliders. It just happens to be a computer not a physical box. I can make a change on the computer and hear it as soon as I hit the enter key. Not sure it sounds any better but I can surely make it sound different. Starting to think it is a rabbit hole within a bigger rabbit hole.

43 minutes ago, rplace said:

Doors at 8:00. Show starts as 9:00.

I'm not quite to single driver like Joe is. I'm trying to be like you with a 2-way system. Pretty sure yours is passive. I'm playing around with the active thing. Lots to learn but fun so far. I feel like I am back in my child hood bedroom with a EQ having tons of sliders. It just happens to be a computer not a physical box. I can make a change on the computer and hear it as soon as I hit the enter key. Not sure it sounds any better but I can surely make it sound different. Starting to think it is a rabbit hole within a bigger rabbit hole.

-- "rabbit hole within a bigger rabbit hole ". Kinda like turntables and carts. 

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

-- "rabbit hole within a bigger rabbit hole ". Kinda like turntables and carts. 

No, that is an easy one. Read a bit about mass and compliance, find an online calculator then spend 5X as much as you planned and everything sounds fantastic. Getting old and having your eyes betray you and your fine motor skills dwindle makes for a difficult setup, though.

Sorry for the drastic hijack, Joe. But isn't that what the garage sales posts are for?

You guys are fine. I got what I was looking for outta this thread. That said

6 hours ago, richieb said:

I have had several sets of single Drivers over the years and always left wanting in 1 regard or another, That is over now. The 45 purchase was Nostalgia pulling at my heart strings. Back in my Klipsch, and various Horn setup days, the 45 was my amp of preference I loved the mid / high. I always had something else running the low mids and Bass. Those systems were great I had a lot of fun and learned a good deal.  

As Rich mentioned I bought Audio Nirvana Drivers (15" alnico Classics) I put the drivers in a 5.6 cubic foot Bass Reflex cabinet with a 6" port and to my astonishment there is no bass augmentation needed, I have measured the speakers down to 25 HZ before serious roll off begins. I have found a Single Driver that is Effecient (95db) it is in a Bass Reflex cabinet and will play cleanly from 15Khz down to 25Hz. (Something I thought impossible) No crossover,  Nothing between the amp and the speakers

The 300B with 9 WPC with direct connection requires me to lower the output of my digital signal, This can affect signal quality. I am hoping the lower wattage of the 45 will put me in the sweet spot of direct connection and full output of digital signal volume  levels in the 85 to 90 Db zone at my listening position. If this works I will be unloading everything I have that is excess and concentrating  on source from now on.

Audio Nirvana Is kind of a Myth but I know I am as close as I have ever been, Those 15" drivers have put some pleasure back into my audio life,  They bring out emotions again (something that has been missing for some time)

I love Klipsch Speakers they are what started me down the path, Had I not found this forum and Klipsch speakers I would still be stuck having infinity speakers overloading my amp to the point of tripping circuit protection. I did that for years

• Like 1

You may recall I put you in touch with Blair Gardner who sold you the amps, I tried like hell to get the $$$ but at the time I was still in the throws of being injured, no work, no income. When you sold them I commented and followed the thread. Fate has smiled upon me and I am indeed getting the very same pair :)  By your signature I can see you have moved up the food chain. McIntosh / Volti = Nice