Is it possible??

baszha

I think what is most important is the listener needs to decide what optimal is to them.  If a dual use system is to be the "best" of both worlds(highly unlikely), there has to be some compromises in either direction and then that would render the setup as not "best" both worlds.

On 8/30/2018 at 6:47 AM, Shakeydeal said:

So the best advice one can take away from this is to decide which is more important to you, video or two channel music. Once this decision is made, design you system first and foremost around that format. And live with whatever performance is left for the other. But believe me, only one will be optimized.

As Shakey notes above, you have to decide which way to lean and be happy with the results other the other direction.  I don't think you can get "awesome" and "awesome" all in the same system unless you are willing to give up something.  Again, your definition of awesome may be different than others.

My RF-63 system in my family room does HT incredibly and is very acceptable in true stereo mode for music.  Not long ago I moved my Yamaha A-S1000 integrated amp to the family room to drive my 63's and was blown away with how great the stereo imaging was, sound stage was multilayered, very detailed and natural, and the bass drive punched way above the Yamaha's 90w/channel.

Bill

I don't move any speakers or any wires or any equipment. Everything switches by 12 volt triggers. Please explain to me how the display affects my speakers and where I should move them for 2 Channel vs theater.

BTW, typically khorns for mains. I'm testing driving some different horns. So, yea in this case I did move speakers a couple of months ago.

The only real compromise I could Envision would be room treatments. Typically you want the room slightly dead for movies and a little bit more lively for music but that can be addressed in other matters such as DSP.

rps20180901_180140.jpg.aeeb6768bed0c38064bba0f2520ae27a.jpg