Pulling 114db solid

NOZ

Hi all,

Sorry I havn't been around lately. Busy with work and all.

Spent all day fine tuning everything and refinishing the La Scalas, turned out great.

Decided to put on Def Leopard "Vault", haven't heard it in about six years. The sound really pounds, so I decided to get out the SPL meter. WOW, 114 db constant, 17 feet away. I could feel my ears warming with bloodflow...

Gotta love La Scalas and SVS.

Sean

When you go deaf to anything above about 1 Khz I'll be happy to discuss a price on the LS's. I expect that I'll hear from you about a week Tuesday!!

AKA I've heard Khorns and Cornwalls and have/love my KLF30's. I haven't heard LS's or Belles but would love to!

Quote:

" honestly, how can you take that? 100 db in my living room makes my ears hurt, and isn't pleasnt to listen too. and 114 would be over twice as loud! "

Actually 114db would be over 10 times as loud as 100 db .

Are you referring to 100 db as measured with an SPL meter or as represented by the volume control markings on an amp ? In any case 100 db is loud and 114 db. is insanely loud and actually dangerous.

Could you all speak up, I can't hear you.J/K

114 db at the listening spot which is about 14' away from the front of the La Scalas, with the SPL meter.

I don't leave it that loud, for more than thirty seconds or so.

The RF-7's are gone, they paved the way for the SVS.

Deang,

I sold the RF-7's about two months ago. They helped pay for the SVS. The La Scalas sound much more musical than the RF-7's, fuller, probably because they are three way rather than two way.

For months I switched them back and forth, and every time I hooked up the La Scalas I was amazed at how much more musical they were.

Sean

Deang,

I sold the RF-7's about two months ago. They helped pay for the SVS. The La Scalas sound much more musical than the RF-7's, fuller, probably because they are three way rather than two way.

For months I switched them back and forth, and every time I hooked up the La Scalas I was amazed at how much more musical they were.

Sean

Danartis,

Thanks for the compliment.

My La Scalas were a little scratched up around the edges, and one of the sqwakers was discoloured.

Went to home depot and got some artists spray paint, 2 cans of glossy and two cans of flat.

I took the mids and tweets out, cleaned everything, and sprayed the cabinets with the glossy. Oh, I taped the KLIPSCH label very carefully.

I then spray the inside of the mid-sqwaker with the flat.

Waited a few hours, and re-assembled everything.

For a sixteen dollar make-over they turned out fantastic.

Sean

Sean,

WHAT only 114dB! 2.gif Well at least you have a real Klipsch system,get two more backup SVS Ultras and you have plenty of sub bass to crack the foundation.

114dB is quite loud,I did listen a few times at 118dB after about 4 minutes both ears had a very musical RINGGG.At 30Hz and below when testing all my subs in the larger room I managed to peak the damn RatSHack SPL meter!I had to take Apirin to kill the brain cells dying(not too many left from extreme SPL and LF).

Its always good to know your system can hit over 110dB at listening position with ease.

My fave test is Metallica live and and Genesis The Way We Walk live.Ah the joys of live ear tearing music.

Ears,

I've put the listening point a little closer, and turned it up a little further before and was getting about 120+, but I thought everyone here would "know" I was out of my mind. Now they only "think" I'm out of my mind..LOL

I think at fourteen feet away, crystal clear, nothing straining, 114 db....plenty, even for me.

I don't want my head to cave in. Not yet anyways..hehe

Sean