RP160M Speakers

alfadoctor

I am seriously considering buying the RP160M speakers. I am wanting to know how much better they might be than the lower end rp61 speakers are. Any comments are appreciated. 

From Klipsch I get regular emails that give discounts on the lower end bookshelf, how does one get discounts on the upper end bookshelf speakers?

The last question is more about apples and oranges when comparing speakers. I heard some SVS bookshelf speakers that rocked the house with the definition. Any comments in comparing them?. I am leaning towards the Klipsch because they have an excellent definition (more bright?)

Thank you

• Like 1

I bought a set in December 2018. My first ever Klipsch speakers. I love them. I drive them with a Denon RCD M41 microsystem (2x30W). I also bought a cheap, china made, hybrid tube amp. They sound even better with tubes...

The RP160M is now reduced in price, because the RP600M, its successor, is on the market now. Virtually the same.

Bookshelfspeakers really need to be put on a bookshelf or on stands.

Consider this: if you have the floor space, you may want to buy floorstanding speakers such as the RP-5000F. This will avoid the need of buying stands...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alfadoctor said:

I am seriously considering buying the RP160M speakers. I am wanting to know how much better they might be than the lower end rp61 speakers are. Any comments are appreciated. 

Do you mean RB-61's?  If you are, then the RP-160Ms better be good because Klipsch really did it right with the RB-61/RB-61IIs.

For the record, the RP-160Ms have enjoyed very high praise both from "professional" reviewers as well as many "amateur" users/reviewers.

Bill

13 hours ago, alfadoctor said:

The last question is more about apples and oranges when comparing speakers. I heard some SVS bookshelf speakers that rocked the house with the definition. Any comments in comparing them?. I am leaning towards the Klipsch because they have an excellent definition (more bright?)

I like the Klipsch ones if you have some space, I used RP-160M's for a long time and loved them, then replaced them with Sixes.  The SVS is more prominent in the midrange and highs aren't as aggressive, which actually makes them great for near-field listening.  I listen to a pair of SVS satellites on my desk every day, I couldn't get the Klipsch to sound like I wanted that close plus they do save space.  Neither are obviously better than the other in all situations, it's just if you want more crisp highs and less reflections, or a more laid back sound with more midrange where the tweeters spray sound all over the place.  ;)