Cheapest place to buy klipsch RF-3II online? No ebay or ubid

elgrillo

I just finished coming from a local store and they said that they would beat any price that I brought them from online. So I was hoping for you guys to help me with some sites. It doesn't matter if they are the sleeziest and most crooked online sites, I just want to find the cheapest. It just can't be any auctioning sites like ebay or ubid.

By the way so far I have been quoted $2000 including tax for

1.Klipsch RC3II Center Speaker

2.Klipsch RSW10 Powered Subwoofer

3.Klipsch RF-3II Tower Speakers

4.Klipsch RS3II Surrounds

Good deal or no?

cheapest place i've found is yahoo! shopping. Around $560 i think. Of couse, if yoru patient and watch auctions you might find a deal. And 2 grand for all that, i dont know, lets see rf3s: $600, RC3: $220, RS3: $320: RSW 10: $650 (online). Thats like $1790, so dosn't sound like such a hot deal to me.

I know of several places online that sell them for good prices, but these aren't authorized dealers, so you won't have a warranty.

1. Consumer Electronics SuperStore

RF-3II- $280 each

RC-3II- $239 each

RS-3II- $375 pair

RSW-10- $660 each

Total- $1834

2. Acoustic Sound Design

RF-3II- $599 pair

RC-3II- $269 each

RS-3II- $399 pair

RSW-10- $649 each

Total- $1916

3. Sound Distributors

Reference package II w/ KSW-12- $1549

w/KSW-15- $1649

(prices for individual components are the same as #2)

Just so you have the info... A combo of some of these would give a better deal... I guess.

tresspasser, are those places you listed authorized or no? I thought that both acoustic sound design and sound distributors were authorized. What places do you know of that are not authorized that sell cheap? Remember I am not going to buy from them, just want to take the quote to the audio store over here.

STEPHEN:

What is that $560 you quoted? Is that for the entie system or what? When you say yahoo shopping do you mean that 50TOPSELLERS site?

link here: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/topsellers/klipsch.html

I actually got their quote for $2081 including shipping. Where did you get that $1790 from? or is that not including shipping?

Thanks for all the input so far guys. When will this journey end?

EG - Except for Ubid, any Internet dealer that offers to ship them to you is unauthorized. Authorized dealers can advertise Klipsch on their web site, but only deliver using their own trucks, and a few other caveats. So, the odds are, if you're seeing it online, it's from an unauthorized dealer.

Neither Acoustic Sound Design nor Sound Distributors are authorized.

DD

• 5 weeks later...

thang is when you buy from an unauthorized dealer like many of these net dealers you do have a warranty. the key is its from THEM since they bought from an authorized dealer, or who they bought from bought from an authorized dealer, etc.

that's why for warranty work they want you dealing direct w/ them, not w/ klipsch. in klipsch's eyes YOU don't have a warranty w/ klipsch. so if the unauthorized dealer goes away, you could be SOL on warranty work. that's a risk you take for the low price. plus the possible cost & inconvenience of shipping the product back, as you can't take it in to a local authorized klipsch dealer.

like w/ anything "guarenteed". it may be so, but you have to ask by whom is it guarenteed?

like said, klipsch authorizes ubid.com & backs the factory warranty for klipsch or mondial discontinued lines &/or models.

Crazy Eddie.... authorized??..... wheres the laugh icon.....

Basically, re-read the entire post and you get this.

Ubid is the only authroized online seller.

If you buy from anyone else, if it breaks, you ship it back to THEM. Not take it down the street to an authorized dealer. I'm sure you ship back at YOUR expense. Risk-eh