Im new to Website.

Glenda Cornell

"I use to work in bars that had some awesome audio"

Lordy... this is a first in my experience. While you might get LOUD, I dont know if quality was ever much in abundance, although I will have to admit, drinking DOES do wonders for the sonics.

Perhaps a few had some interesting vintage horns hanging about, but most bars were long in volume and short on quality and acoustics. Perhaps you mean clubs/music venues. Actually, to be honest, most of these were horrible as well.

I still think the #1 tweak in all of audio is a bottle of red wine with normal alcohol coming in a distant second...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think three fingers of Bookers is a MUCH better tweak than a whole bottle of red wine. Even a nice bottle of 1947 Petrus or 1970 BV George Latour isn't as satisfying to me as an AUDIO tweak than three ounces of really great Bourbon. Good red wine can be such a treat in an of itself that it might DISTRACT you from the music, whereas Bourbon, even the BEST Bourbon will only add to the pleasure of listening. That's my 2 cents.

Heh... Yeah, I see what you are saying about the wine treat aspect. Yet there is nothing quite as satisfying with a tube-like glow as a good red wine drunk... I think alcohol doesn't have the same "harmonic richness" if you get my drift. Although the good bourbon is a fine alternative, I liken it more to a film and foil cap crossover upgrade vs the richer oils.

Obviously, however, either one can work wonders if using the proper make and vintage. Indeed, I even had a lovely session the other day with an on sale $4.99 six pack of Red Hook ESB Amber. The midrange was glorious and the highs shimmering. Feet were both tapping! I liken it to a cleaning of all contacts with Kontak. While it did not bring about the euphoric wonder of a bottle of Merlot, it did lend itself to smiles all around, until my wife realized I had finished off her last ale...

kh

I bought a pair of Belle Klipsch from a frat-house at USC about 10 years ago. I'll bet they saw even more cool stuff than the strip-club speakers. Hazing and all, you know.

By the way, I bought the pair for like $400 or something crazy cheap like that. You can imagine what they looked like.

Hello Glenda.

Welcome to our lunatic fringe.9.gif

Did the clubs you worked at have decent sound systems?

Some of the strip bars i've been in have good sounding systems. IMO.

Others... not so good.

Years ago, I used to stop during the week at this little topless joint right off the highway.

It had a great sound system.

They offered a mid-morning brunch from 10am to 1pm.

Good food, Good music and Good lookin' ladies.

They used to call it "****-n-toast." 3.gif

Best breakfast i've ever had.9.gif

Many a day that I had to pry myself from the seat and head back to work.

Enjoy YOUR Khorns!

P.S. It's very nice to meet you.1.gif

Jeez, it's been a while since I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe ...

TNT? Seriously, that's frikkin' great!!

You guys live half way up to the divide, right? I lived in the Denver area for a few years and loved my ride up to the tunnel, then down (very fast) and up to Leadville ... Thank God there weren't a lot of troopers then ...

I have to agree with the wine vs. booze debate ... Wine is a SLOW and GRADUAL immersion into the finer aspects of music ... Booze is a 2x4 on the jowls ... However, if you're going to limit your evening's listening time to 27.5 minutes (the time between the start of THE WIGGLES and "bath time"), Johnnie Walker Gold with ICE TO THE TOP is the way to go. Two of those and the night is young.

Too bad you figure all this stuff out about 25 years after college. Youth is (indeed) wasted on the young.

Ibid.

WELL

Beings you have asked, i got Glenda OUT of exotic dancing when she was 20!

So there ya go, all answered, if i had kept her there i might have seen some more LOL!!

OOPS shes here!

She was out on her own, trying to support her son, and at the same time a worthless drug attic boyfreind, i took her away from all that, and gave her the life she has today!

A-MEN

Jim

OK -Yes I was a stripper for 3 years but the 3 years that I did that for a living ,IT WAS NOT FUN but the music was great and so was the money. Anything that i wanted i had but I have learned that there is more to life than money !!!I thank my husband dearly and I charish him for life for saving my life from a man that tried to slice my neck wide open !!And getting me out of that lifestyle and now I am a house wife who doesnt have to work and i am a mother of 3!Glenda11.gif

Chris

Ive really watched your system grow into a very nice Audiophiles system, congrats,

We are only about 15 miles East of the tunnel, did you remember Highway 40, we up that highway in Empire, about 2 miles up!

I think i embarrased my wife a bit, so be easy on her!

That was one thing she doest really talk about!

Regards to all you good people

Jim

Thats why i told you guys here, your all great, and understanding people, my freinds.

What a family!

1.gif

Congratulations to Jim and Glenda. It's nice that they can share their love of good music and good sound.

And BTW, Glenda, my two sisters names are Glenda and Glenis. And yes, I almost was Glen. Thank goodness common sense prevailed and I was spared that fate. Not that there is anything wrong with the name, but well, you get the picture.

Also, Glenda, as for your past work history, well, most of us probably have a few skeletons rattling around in our closets. Things we'd just as soon forget. I know I do. But my theory is live and learn. Try to be better tomorrow than I was today. So congrats too on your three kids. We've got three also; ages 9, 7 and 4.

Later,

Jim, sure I know that area fairly well ... God's country, for sure. I LOVED Colorado but I think it's changed a bit in the last 20 years since I've been there :)

I sense you guys have the honesty that it takes for a great marriage. I certainly am lucky enough to have a wife like that as well. I've got a HUGE WALK-IN CLOSET for my skeletons, half of which were imported from Colorado, California and Arizona. I joke with my kids that I'm a poster boy for what NOT to do ...

Glenda, when you're surviving, you're surviving. Period. God bless you for taking care of your family.

I think it's great your getting your own pair of Khorns.

His and her Khorns.

That is very cool.

I hope to have a set someday.

I am planning an addition on my house in order to make space for a pair.

That and my kids need bigger bedrooms.

Wow, they grow up fast.4.gif

Well, you know what they say,

A family that jams together, stays together!9.gif