Cellphone plans

bkwa1959

We have had Verzion for a cellphone service for years and we are thinking of changing our plans to reduce our cost.We have been looking at Total wireless and straight talk,does anyone have experience with these 2 companies.Total wireless has an unlimited text,calls and 25 gb of data for 2 lines at 70.00 a month ,straight talk is 100.00 for unlimited everything.Both plans are month to month no contracts

Lately it seems these plans in general are less data for more money. My ATT bill went up about $80 a month recently when they decided to do away with the plan I had and create a new more expensive version of the plan. I called and complained of course, that did nothing. There is ZERO reward for being a loyal customer it seems in both the phone service business and the insurance business. 

There are 4 of us sharing a T-Moblie plan. With the 4, the price is $25 bucks per person,  its an unlimited plan.  Plus they throw in a subscription to Netflix for all. I don't know if its still in effect, but that sounds like a decent plan to me.

26 minutes ago, Shiva said:

There are 4 of us sharing a T-Moblie plan. With the 4, the price is $25 bucks per person,  its an unlimited plan.  Plus they throw in a subscription to Netflix for all. I don't know if its still in effect, but that sounds like a decent plan to me.

I second t-mobile, but I am grandfathered in from MANY years ago. Currently have 8 lines and paying for the cost of a phone upgrade with $190 OTD per month with taxes.  Reception and customer service are first rate IMO for the last 16 years.  

• Like 1

T-Mobile where we are is terrible. I switched from Verizon to AT&T about 12 years ago, but it mostly had to do with having service overseas. Verizon wanted to rent a phone and charge $4+ a minute. I bought an inexpensive unlocked phone and got a sim card for where I was traveling and it was much better, then started with a pay as you go with AT&T. That worked well, so when my contract was over switched everyone from Verizon.

I think they all have their pluses and minuses. I work with a states contract with Verizon where I work. I hate doing the phone setup, but they handed it to me after I started.