new system volume max!

prodj101

I am tempted to see if I can peg the needle on the "ratometer" at the highest setting with my system. Before I do that, I think I'll donn a pair of earplugs and make sure the neighbors are not home. I'll probably end up having the cops come over pretty quick, even in the middle of the day. Probably not recommended, but, you know, its like getting that new car - you just want to see if it can do what the speedometer says (and in the case of my Saturn - yep, I was able to bury the needle 11.gif ).

Anything above 115dB is lethal,I know as I pumped the volume high a few times and often listen a 105+ dB.If I am a good fella and reach HornEd's age I will have to listen at 125dB just to compensate for my hearing loss. LOL

Now I undersatand why good ole Ed has an all KLF30 HT. 3.gif

Long live Klipsch

Kenratboy said:

Did the speedo go up to 120 on your Saturn? We have gotten the Subaru up to 110 MPH, but I think the governer was kicking in, need to get a new chip for the car...

It goes to 130 MPH on my SL-2. It did manage to do it, although I'll admit that I had to find a downhill section of road to do it. I have gotten up to over 105 easily on a couple occasions. One time, driving back to VA from PA, some dude blew by me in a little toyota while I was doing 75 just north of Baltimore on I-83 (keeping up with the general flow of traffic). I just had to find out just how fast that dude was going, so I dropped it a gear and gunned it! I got it past 105 and he was still pulling away! I decided, I had enough and slowed it back down - I'll let the cops deal him down the road (and sure enough, there was a state trooper a few miles down 11.gif ).

Out of curiosity, I measured how loudly my 10 year old daughter was scolding her 15 year old sister this morning and it came out to 93 decibels. I have long suspected that I can sustain ear damage hearing them screech at each other. And, this wasn't even with her "pumped up" volume from when she really gets mad.