Today’s favorite

ned

13 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

'Today's Favorite'

Does that mean a new setup will be in place tomorrow?!?

Nice system!

Funny you should ask.  

Just picked up a Parasound P6 and am breaking it in though a trusty chip amp.  The st-70 sounded good but a little slow in in responding to big music.  Looking in the sofa cushions to see if a a23+ is in the cards.  I have lots of vintage gear but sometimes it’s nice to have something that just works very well.   Loving the phono stage and my first real dac.  

DD699A91-6EA3-4F66-86D7-DA16B0473419.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I should also note that no matter what gear I roll, from the ridiculous to the sublime, the signature sound of my system is the KHorns. Carts, preamps, amps, single ended triodes to chips make a discernible difference but all are secondary to the horns in the corners. It all sounds pretty darn good. 

• Like 3

Rivernuggets, nice choice in Kokopelli for your avatar...its the man who wanders with his flute but always finds his way home.The spirit of music. Central cat in my region of the country. Sweet.

Well, I'll hijack it then. What Marvel posted above is indeed Kokopelli. I misidentified Rivernuggets avatar, it is actually the man in the maze image. There is an explanation here https://m.warpaths2peacepipes.com/native-american-symbols/symbol-of-life.htm

And Marvel, how did you recall a posting from a year ago? Great.

N

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ned said:

And Marvel, how did you recall a posting from a year ago? Great. 

Maybe I don't have a life, lol. I have a CD with a Kokopelli image, and posted on that thread when I saw it. Not a lot of people seem to know it, at least in my circle of friends. I loved the castings he put on his wooden chassis.