AMP suggestions for HERESY speaker combo.

After a long deviation, I am returning to 2 channel audio and in need of an amp to drive my recently purchased 1983 Klipsch HERESY speakers. I will be playing a turntable, a cd player, and FM stereo on occasion. Please send suggestions. My only requirements are:

1. Must sound sweet playing acoustic guitar music(Leo Kottke, Michael Hedges, Wilco, Son Volt).

2. Must be reliable (I enjoy tweaking a bit, but not as a career--I'd much rather listen).

3. Must be reasonably priced (Preferably under $500 or thereabouts).

4. Wouldn't hurt if it looked interesting (not bells and whistles-intersting "old-school" simple)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. This forum is great!

ya, its like a treasure hunt, ebay , becareful tho , check out sellers transactions , u can do the math from that, if the seller is buying a whole bunch of internall electronics, u can imagine its a fixer-r-upper-dude, u have to be patient, n know what u want, i never bought into digital surround , im into quadphonic sound, im in need of sub tho < lol, i owne klipsch heresy, the guitar is awsome on them, n piano not to bad either, ya , nakamichi does it tight

• Like 1

I have moved into the acoustic, contemporary folk BECAUSE of Heresies and an Eico HF-81 but I would also suggest the Scott 299 based on other folk's reviews. My Eico, of which I was very skeptical, has retired my other systems to Home Theater and Gaming systems. Others will disagree but the Eico IS two-channel and my wife, who thought the differences among systems was nonsense, after listening to each of our (my) systems, can not understand why anyone would want or need anything other than an Eico and Heresies. There are reasons...but I have already spent enough on audio for another 6 months or so. Have to figure out those reasons but I am already thinking the need to build it myself is good enough for a couple of additional purchases.

I'll have to second Crash's comments the Scott 299 A/B or a 222C/D and the EICo HF-81 defenitly do well with Heresy's. Be carefull though these 40+ year old amps almost always require work don't pay to much because sooner or later it will need work.

Craig