H H Scott Downloads

T2K

I attempted to download a manual for the 222-C from the Scott site. I could not open the PDF file after the download. I have dialup. My brother had same problem. He has DSL. What gives?

Keith

PS. I sucessfully downloaded a schematic.

Thanks for the quick reply Kelly. I downloaded the file last night so I'm not sure how long it took (maybe 7 hours?). My brother downloaded the same file in 2 hours +. After downloading and attempting to open a window opened, the PDF page briefly appeared, then the manual appeared and disappeared in a flash.

How would you send the file to me mh? I'm not a computer wizard.

4.gif Thanks...

Keith

You know, I looked at it and it's actually a manual for the 200 and LK-30 series. I have to go through it more thoroughly but that is the first few pages. I am going to be getting a 299a Type II soon to audition alongside the EICO. But your question about sending the manual is a good one as me sending it to you will come up with the same download horror for you with dialup. I might try to break the file up a bit. Let me look into it. Perhaps Craig has the manual in a better format. I have a FULL 50 page EICO construction manual that is a GREAT help. I would like the regular Scott 299a manual as well.

kh

Thanks Kelly.

I was going to send Craig an e-mail about the Scott 350(A) tuner I recently bought, but I'll share that with you and maybe he'll read it here.

Wired up the handsome relic tonight and wow! FM stereo hasn't sounded better. Even using a pair of S-6's the music filled the house. The sound improved after a short warm up and with a little cleaning, it even looks nice! Should sound great with some decent speakers.

Heck, the guy also gave me a Sansui turntable that works too(needs a belt). I gotta get rid of some of this stuff! 2.gif

Thanks for your help...

Keith

kelly,

I would love to have a copy of the Eico manual. I've been trying to figure out a way to acquire it, you are the first person I've seen that had it. I have a BB connection and can DL like crazy, especially at night. Can you put it up somewhere or email it? If I had it I'd be willing to host it for others who might be interested. I've got a few hundred meg space available on a decent connection.

Tom

tmoble@earthlink.net

Would be great except for the fact that I dont have it scanned in. I have tons of emails requesting the damn thing so I need to break down and scan the whole beast online. I'll see what I can do. A few years ago, it was pretty common to see the entire contruction manual in original form but now you never see it.

hft-90_side1_head_title.jpg

Keith, I just love the old tube tuners. The Scott tuners were very good. I love my mono EICO HFT-90 tuner - It has ALL MULLARD tubes and sounds GREAT with uncompressed FM stations late at night. Indeed, I was just listening to the jazz show till 12am. I listen to NPR with that old EICO 1954 tuner EVERY morning! It put my $700 highly reviewed Sumo Aurora tuner in the closet.

kh

I don't believe that Scott Actually made Manuals for each amp. They made them for various amps in the same manual. I've never seen any thing but the one your trying to get and there really isn't that much in there that isn't easily figured out.

The other frustrating thing that anyone with a 299A second version will find is that I have search Hi and Low for a accurate Schematic there is none to be found. It is very close to a 299B but not exact.

Craig

That site appears to have just used the 200/LK-30 manual for MANY amps including the whole 299 series. I just went through the whole thing and it is really not that helpful if you own the 222-299 as most of the stuff it addresses is common knowledge and what isnt addresses the 200 series.

I am going to take the Scott 299a Type II as the price is good and I have others in line to purchase the unit if I cant squeeze it in over here.

IF the manual is included as Pat says, I will run some scans and post it. Also, if it has the seemingly RARE 299a Type II version of the Schematic, I will post this as well (along with some good shots of the beast).

kh

ps- Tom, I might just do that. Or I might just scan it here as I have a HK 5100 that is ok. Regardless, it should come to be. Email your address again.

----------------

On 11/15/2002 9:38:11 AM NOS440 wrote:

I don't believe that Scott Actually made Manuals for each amp. They made them for various amps in the same manual. I've never seen any thing but the one your trying to get and there really isn't that much in there that isn't easily

figured out.

Craig

--------------

[/blockquote

Craig is correct-I was given the Operating Manual with both my LK-48 and my 350C and while the tuner manual covers only the 350C and LT-110 kit the amplifier manual covers the whole line.Only the inside cover shows the specific model while the rest of the manual covers everything (200/LK-30/222 series/299 series/LK-48/LK-72.

Nice to have for us anal renative types!

Jeff

Edit:Correction-after reading through the tuner manual it also covers the whole line as well.